1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Child discipline during Bible studies...

Discussion in 'Homeschooling Forum' started by brucebaptist, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Batt4Christ

Batt4Christ Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Something we have done to add interest and historical perspective - Bible Time begins morning lessons - and it comes from a chronological Bible - so the whole thing really is a big story unfolding - with frequent stops for explanation or simply asking what they think happened - or why might this person or that person have done what they did. What did they do wrong? Etc... Lots of questions to make it interactive. And again - the chronological approach gives it the flow of a story... and after all, doesn't the Bible convey the greatest love story every told? A story that continues in us?

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

I appreciate your willingness to consider all options.

C4K is right...corporal punishment should be for defiance and disobedience, but not for a kid acting like a kid.

A appreciate that JMSR recognizes there is a time and place for corporal punishment...I am bothered when parents talk about it and they either sound like they enjoy it, or they're trying to project a "tough guy" image. (I don't think he was trying to do those things)

I especially like the comments from several, that suggest we as parents should do our very best to be excellent during our devotional time. God should get our best.