1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Children Depraved?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Freshchicken, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Me2

Me2 New Member

It might not hurt that little bundle of Joy at the moment of birth, yet the mother is still sorrowful.

Why?

because she has brought a child into this world of death with no known hope of salvation of the curse of God.

Gen 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire [shall be] to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

the young babe is born with a cursed carnal anti-christ spirit. a depraved mind based after the knowledge of satans rudimentary yet skewed understanding of Good and evil. and a body born into a dying world based on entropy. which is death. all components of the baby is dead towards God. spirit,soul and Body.

if this woman be carnally based in Faith she has no hope towards the babes future. yet she knows the child to be cursed.

although we find a curious statement in timothy

1Ti 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

knowing by faith that man didnt come from the woman, but the woman from the man.(1 cor. 11:8)

from death, christ was resurrected.

and the woman is reborn from death by the man, Christ.

She now can look to Christ in hope that her baby now has a way to escape the sorrows of death that come with those born into this world of death as others hold.

P.S. there is no age of accountability.
    we are all the same. little babes born in sin.

Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Christ is our only Hope.

Me2

2. Freshchicken

Freshchicken New Member

In my friends latest email, he failed to address any of my points. Instead, he sent me this website , which he says explains all his views on human nature. If anyone has the time to read this website I would love to hear what you think. thanks.

3. Hamtramck_Mike

Hamtramck_Mike New Member

The problem is that many misconstrue the definition of Total Depravity.

The Reformed Church (which was founded by Calvin) states that total depravity "...has come to be understood by many, both inside and outside our tradition, as describing the complete and total inability of human beings to do anything that is good. This understanding is neither biblical nor reasonable."

Rather, Total depravity is defined as the inhierent inability of a human being to do anything perfect according to God's plan.

Click here to see the Reformed Church meaning of "total depravity"

Thanks to my cousin, who is a member of a local RCA church.
    </font>[/QUOTE]That link you refer to is NOT--I REPEAT NOT-- the Reformed churches view on what total depravity is! :mad:

The complete and total inability of human beings to do anything that is good-- This IS the correct definition of Total Depravity!

4. Freshchicken

Freshchicken New Member

This is my friends email from today:

==================================================
    ok. here's what i need.

1. I want to see the verse that says, "Because Adam sinned, all have sinned."

2. Next I want you to tell me if Adam was born, no not born, formed (out of dust by God himself) in sin?

Assuming that you have an awesome refrence for point 1 above, what caused Adam to sin? He had no ansestor that screwed up for him. The closest thing he had to an ansestor was God.

Did God form in a way to make him sin?

If he wasn't conceived, born, or formed, in sin did he have a choice?

If he didn't have a choice and it was some "Nature of Man" clause, why don't Calvinist say that about all men. If that was true, Calvinists would stop putting so much emphasis on Adam, and just say that man sin because it's their nature.

If Adam, and before Adam, Eve, had a choice, why don't I?
    ==================================================

Any help would be great. Thanks guys.

5. Freshchicken

Freshchicken New Member

6. Ian Major

Ian Major New Member

Let me jump in, Freshchicken, in the absence of those more able than myself.

This is my friends email from today:
    ==========================
    ok. here's what i need.

1. I want to see the verse that says, "Because Adam sinned, all have sinned."
    2. Next I want you to tell me if Adam was born, no not born, formed (out of dust by God himself) in sin?

Assuming that you have an awesome refrence for point 1 above, what caused Adam to sin? He had no ansestor that screwed up for him. The closest thing he had to an ansestor was God.

Did God form in a way to make him sin?

If he wasn't conceived, born, or formed, in sin did he have a choice?

If he didn't have a choice and it was some "Nature of Man" clause, why don't Calvinist say that about all men. If that was true, Calvinists would stop putting so much emphasis on Adam, and just say that man sin because it's their nature.

If Adam, and before Adam, Eve, had a choice, why don't I?
    ========================
    Any help would be great. Thanks guys.

1. Romans 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous.

2. No, adam was not formed in sin. He was made perfect. Genesis 1:31.

What caused Adam to sin? God doesn't say. Likewise for the angels. He does say they were make perfect, so they didn't sin because they were sinners. Obviously they were created with the ability to sin.

Yes, Adam had a choice. So do we. Our choice is determined by our natures. Adam did not have a sinful nature like we do, so he was not locked in to sin the way we are. But God does not elaborate on Adam's freedom, so we cannot say anything meaningful about it.

When Calvinists speak of our Adamic nature in relation to sin, we are not speaking of Adam's original state, but his state after the Fall.

The Fall brought the difference between Adam's choice and ours.

Hope that makes some sense.

In Him

Ian