1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Children needing prayer

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Whowillgo, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Whowillgo

Whowillgo Member
    Site Supporter

I have never submitted a prayer request on here before but I am so humbly asking for your prayers.
    I recently returned from a trip to Sierra Leone to the Wellington Orphanage to meet the 5 kids my wife and I sponsor there. What I met was an amazing Christian community made up of mainly teenagers.
    These are children ranging in ages from 16 to 22 (there are a few younger ones) that are orphans as the result of the rebel wars there in the 1990s. They have been raised by a Pastor who started taking them in as he would find them laying next to the bodies of their parents. Then people started bring these survivors to him. There are over a 100 children he has raised with two teachings. That they must serve God and that through education they can change their country which is predominantly Muslim. 25 of these kids through sponsors have made it into college. Each weekday these kids all get up and at 7AM they have a worship service. They sing two to three songs and then a different boy preaches each day. This is without any adult supervision. The ones who are in college have started churches on the various campuses and many of the boys are now Pastoring churches.
    Last night a disgruntled former employee of the Orphanage brought a gang of men a large gang and attacked the boys dormitory. They destroyed everything breakable and tore up all the meager possessions of the boys. The Pastor would not allow the boys to fight back and with good reason. The police refused to come for over six hours (the gang stayed over 7 hours). When the police did come they did not stop the gang but beat 3 of the boys from the orphanage and took them to jail. This is a Muslim police force.
    Please hold up Wellington orphanage in your prayers they are such sweet servants of God. While I was there these boys accompanied me to remote villages where we saw 250 Muslims make professions of faith. These children need your prayers desperately. They have nothing left except the girls compound.

2. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

That is wonderful that you and your wife are sponsors for five of these children!
    Oh my! Yes,be assured of our prayers for these precious children!

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The Gospel is still offensive to the world and this is not new but it's still tragic none the less. I will be praying for those boys and the pastor. :(

4. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praying here.

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

In my prayers.....