1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Children Witnessing

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by JanetMiller, Jun 6, 2006.

1. JanetMiller

JanetMiller New Member

John,

Thank you so much for all the ideas. If Kenya doesn't work out maybe we can just come visit Japan and work with you!

:wavey:

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs: Great! But don't come in the winter unless you LOVE snow! :D Think Siberia when you think of us.

3. Cailiosa

Cailiosa New Member

Japan gets lots of snow? I figured it was almost tropical. How cold does it get?

4. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You think you get snow?

Well, Okinawa is pretty tropical, then up on Kyushu and Shikoku it is like Florida. On the main island of Honshu, Yokohama, where we used to live is like Tennessee. However, our island of Hokkaido is way north. It gets down below zero in the winter, but usually hovers in the teens. The thing is we get tons of snow. By the end of the winter we usually have about six feet of accumulation in our yard! Check out my website for a photo of our house and yard in the winter. :eek: :eek:

The kids up here all learn to ski at school. All the grade schools have their own small slope on the grounds! :smilewinkgrin:

#24 John of Japan, Jun 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2006
  5. JanetMiller

JanetMiller New Member

John,

I loved the photos. You are so blessed. :thumbs: I wish my family could be on the mission field. I am willing but hubby is not so sure. Oh well, I will pray about it. :praying:

I just found out our new church we are attending is looking for families to send on mission trips. This is a blessing to learn. This might be the way God is going to send my family on a trip. Be in prayer that God will open a door for us! :flower:

6. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Keep on praying. In my experience God always gives assurance of the misisonary call to both the husband and wife. So if God wants you on the field your husband will eventually get that assurance, too.

And if you can visit the mission field, your lives will be changed! You, your husband and kids will get a new vision for Jesus. "Lift your eyes unto the fields, for they are white unto harvest."

7. Scott P.

Scott P. New Member

Train up a child in the way he should go...

We don't use special child tracts. And we rarely use tracts that we don't write as many of them now try to stick Lordship Salvation in with Grace...

The best way for a child (or anyone) to learn to witness is to be taught the mechanics (how) and then to just go out with people until they feel comfortable and ready to witness on their own. Since we never send a child out without a responsibile adult, there will always be someone there to lend a hand if needed.

At our church, all you have to do is remember Romans 3:10. When you get at the end of that verse, there's a little note written that tells you the next verse to go to, and so on...

Both my kids learned how to lead people to Christ when they were very young. My oldest daughter is more outgoing and tried to lead her Grandfather to Christ when she was 5. I think she had her first "official" salvation at 7. Her best year was at age 12 when she led over 100 people to Christ. My youngest daughter has always been shy, even now at 13. She wants to see people saved but she gets intimidated even when talking to other kids... Everyone has to work at their own pace.