1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chinese Paramilitary Dynamite Christian Megachurch

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Jan 14, 2018.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    HONG KONG — Chinese police officers demolished one of the country’s largest evangelical churches this week, using heavy machinery and dynamite to raze the building where more than 50,000 Christians worshiped.

The Golden Lampstand Church in Shanxi Province was one of at least two Christian churches demolished by the authorities in recent weeks, part of what critics describe as a national effort to regulate spiritual life in China.

Under President Xi Jinping, the government has destroyed churches or removed their steeples and crosses as part of a campaign that reflects the Communist Party’s longstanding fear that Christianity, viewed as a Western philosophy, is a threat to the party’s authority.

On Tuesday, officers of the People’s Armed Police, a state paramilitary organization, detonated explosives in the church’s underground sanctuary and destroyed the rest of the building, according to ChinaAid, an American watchdog group that monitors religious freedom in China.

Chinese Police Dynamite Christian Megachurch

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They're wasting their time.

Chinese Christians know their faith does not reside in a building.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed. At my church we hear from missionaries from Asian countries and it's very encouraging. The gospel is reaching millions of people over there. We might not be seeing results here but people elsewhere are being converted.

Getting your church blown up is a reminder to us American Christians what real persecution is all about. The government forcing you to bake a cake for a gay marriage kind of pales in comparison to the state blowing up your sanctuary, I'd say.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They will only make the Christians stronger.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    ITL - basically I agree - but today it is a cake, tomorrow it will be requiring a church to marry hom$exuals - next week - it will be pastors beng required to turn in drafts of sermons preached - next month - churches will be taxed - next year -........

it happens litle by little.......

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I know but I'm drawing a contrast between what US Christians call persecution and what real persecution looks like.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fully Agree