1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chlorinated Chicken

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Martin Marprelate, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not opposed to Chlorinated Chicken.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hotel California! Guess what? Canada is such a mess that people are comparing Canada to California. It could be that the UK and the USA will have to pull Europe, the Americas, and the friendly parts of Asia out of the muck. Just like old times, huh?

3. Humpty Dumpty

Humpty Dumpty Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’ve been in the chicken plants working many, many times. Now I’m not exactly sure how but the chickens do go through some kind of sterilization process. I thought it was with acids but may be chlorine. I do smell a lot of chlorine around the plant but always thought that was for just the sterilization of the processing tooling.

But with that said, I have seen the deep depths of the plants, not the most pleasant place...But I have ate lunch there, which is chicken fresh from the plant and all of the fry chicken joints local around the plant are supplied from the plants. Every time I leave there I want nothing but fried chicken! I don’t care if it’s bleached birds or what, get between me and some good ol soul sister fried chicken and your gonna loose!

Now I want fried chicken

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    #24 Scott Downey, Feb 26, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  5. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Been eating chicken nuggets at BK and McDs for many many years, still here. A little chlorine might even help that if indeed nuggets are chicken :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How can one make water safe to drink? Chlorine!

7. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The process used to make any meat "Kosher" is salt. All the meat (chicken, turkey, or beef) is soaked in a salt solution which removes all the blood from the meat. Oh, that and a quick slicing of the neck beforehand to kill the animal in a painless manner.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  8. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That was my first thought, too.

That and salt being 50% chlorine. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wont be any residual chlorine in meat as there is in tap water. The chlorine deproteinates the surface proteins of the meat sterilizing it, but when it does that, it itself is destroyed back into salt water. The reason residual free chlorine can remain in tap water as it has not interacted with any contaminates in the water because they are not there. If the bacteria or viruses show up, the chlorine dissolves them but is used up in the process. If not enough residual chlorine is left, then the tap water is unsafe to drink.

going swimming in a public pool is a much higher risk of getting sick. Think about all those bodies shedding stuff in the pool water. It is why the chlorine can be so high you can smell it.