1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Choice or Chosen?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by jv717, Apr 15, 2004.

?
  1. I had a Choice and no one made me choose God.

95.1%
  2. God predestined me to be Saved.

4.9%
  3. I don't know....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Me2

Me2 New Member

Gods mercy is for all mankind. and it is sufficient AND efficient for all that contain sin and death.

thats all mankind created.

mankind doesnt possess "free will" or is EVEN capable of choosing ANYTHING OUTSIDE the predestined choices of God towards EVERY human being before time and space.

We are most certainly "robots". every atom is where it is to be, as it was designed to be before the foundation of the world.
    every thought, every consecutive deed of every creature.
    and ever deed completed as planned by God. wether its intent becomes a temporary failure or a temporary success.

it is God who has designed the string to be pulled and the circumstances to be.
    it is God who has woven the personality. added the talent. the gift. the skill.
    it is also God who will harvest the soul in the end of its course.

we are all creatures made to service the sovereign will of its creator.

just as inanimate objects serves the sovereign will of its creator by being what the creator intended it to be every second of its creation.

NOTHING operates outside the will of its sovereign creator

it is man who speaks nonsense when they speak of being seperate from their creators will and design.
    (but yet, this too is Gods will. mankind just plain being silly. [​IMG] "playing god")

every man woman and child serves its creator by being. thinking, dreaming, hoping and choosing what its creator intends each creature to choose.

wether we are expressing knowledge of Good or knowledge of evil...

Me2

2. superdave

superdave New Member

Me2, You misunderstood my intent. I agree with you. The Impartation of spiritual life by the Spirit is how man is capable of accepting God's free gift of Salvation. Only by the actions of a sovereign God can any human "choose" Christ, left to ourselves we will go our own way.

Mike,
    very good response to that question. Completely outside of the obvious purpose of God you deliniated, it matters very little whether we can discern a purpose in the actions of God, his way is perfect, whether we see the final goal or not. Praise the Lord that he is able to see our circumstances outside the dimensions of linear time that cripple our ability to see the overarching purposes for whatever God brings into our lives.