1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Christ and the Ten Commandments.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Hobie, May 23, 2020.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The blood of jesus atones for all prior sins, then placed on probation, and must keep law well enough to merit salvation!

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes more. It is a cult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yeshua died not only for the sins that were committed after His death, but also for the sins committed prior to His death. He died not just for the sins of New Testament saints, but also for the sins of Old Testament saints. God could have judged the Old Testament saints immediately , but He deferred their judgment until the cross. Then that judgment fell upon the Messiah as their substitute as well as the substitute for New Testament believers. In that way, their sins were removed.

This is taught by Acts 17:30: The times of ignorance therefore God overlooked; but now he commands men that they should all everywhere repent: ...

He made the same point in Romans 3:25: ... whom God set forth to be a propitiation, through faith, in his blood, to show his righteousness because of the passing over of the sins done aforetime, in the forbearance of God; ... Again, he pointed out that the sins committed before the death of the Messiah could have been judged immediately , but they were deferred, temporarily overlooked or “passed over,” until the death of the Messiah as their substitute.

In Hebrews 10:4, the writer said: For it is impossible that the blood of bulls and goats should take away sins.

Animal sacrifice did not and could not remove the sins of the Old Testament saints; it merely covered them temporarily . Once the Messiah died, only then were their sins removed as well.

4. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Obviously we did not commit one sin before Yeshua died on the cross because we weren’t born yet. Therefore all of my future sins have been dealt with and I am a free human being. I am no longer liable for my sins praise God

5. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, That isn’t what Eph 2 says. It says Jesus abolished the Law with His death on the cross. I’m surprised you believe that gives you license to sin. Please turn away from such thinking.

I don’t believe the natural conclusion a Christian would come to is that gives him/her a license to sin. If you think about it a little, I’m sure you can accept the truth of Eph 2 without thinking it gives you license to sin.

peace to you

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was saying that was the Gospel as per EW!

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, as the bible teaches that all of our sins are forgotten and blotted out by God now, but Sda has no hope for that!

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is why Ellen White had her false gospel given to the sda, as she wanted to keep them under bondage to her as their prophetess, as she only could get them "saved"

9. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why engage them?

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are to give the real Gospel out to those who have a false one!

11. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There were 613 not just 10 commandments in the law of Moses.

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rest of them were manmade traditions and commentaries, and those were the ones that got Jesus very irked!

13. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, that isn’t true. The 600 plus “commandments” are part of the Mosaic Law found especially in Leviticus and Deuteronomy. Many are ceremonial laws but also laws concerning judgments of disputes and administration of justice in specific crimes.

peace to you

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So the Law is written in our hearts as Christ intended from the beginning, the Law is part of His character, and never changes.

15. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ok, let me ask a question. When a young man sees his beloved he wants to spend the rest of his life with, does he go to her and say 'I love' you and never bothers to see her or talk with her, or bring her flowers.... Of course not, it all is part of love. So it is with God....

16. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which is why when Jesus abolished the Law of Commandments one shouldn’t believe that gives them a license to sin as you stated.

peace to you

17. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are talking about Mishnaic Law which began during the time of silence from God between Malachi and the New Testament. The Jewish leaders sought to prevent a second captivity such as the Babylonian one which happened by their failure to keep the 613 provisions of the Mosaic Covenant. They created a fence around the 613 with laws they thought would be broken before actually breaking the 613 and thus they would avoid another judgement ending in captivity. What happened was that after the original attempt was made, more and more laws were added and then the extra additions were made equal with the Law of Moses. Eventually by the first century these laws of the Mishna were elevated as more important than the 613 and surpassed God’s Word.
    Yeshua went out of his way to break Mishnaic law. An example of just how many additions were made was in the law of the sabbath where there are as many as 1000 additions.
    An example of just how far some of these have gone, the law of Moses restricted boiling a kid in its mothers milk. This was a Canaanite problem of cruelty addressed by God to Israel. However, by the first century this was no longer an issue. But the Rabbi’s deduced that a piece of cheese left on a plate accidentally not washed off well enough may come in contact with a piece of meat which may be the kid from the very mother.
    You are missing much concerning this my friend.

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We do not keep the Sabbath nor dire laws to get right with God, as are saved by His grace thru faith alone!

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus stated that those of us who place faith in him then have passed from death to eternal life, and will not face any judgement, John stated that we can KNOW that we have eternal life right now, and paul stated that we are right now saved, do you agree with them?

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most important thing is that the Mosaic Law was the OC given by God to Israel, and now under the NC, not under that Law but now Grace!

• Winner Winner x 1