1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CHRIST IS REIGNING NOW!

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by tyndale1946, Apr 4, 2023.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is Jesus Christ a King?... Then Christ is reigning now!
    Does he have throne that he is sitting on, next to his Father?... Then Christ is reigning now!
    Does he have a Kingdom?... Then Christ is reigning now!
    Does he have subjects that answer to him?... Then Christ is reigning now!
    They are subject to him, he's not subject to them!... Then Christ is reigning now!
    Is he in control of the world or is the world controlling him?... Then Christ is reigning now!

I hear some on here say, well look at the world, Satan he's just doing what he wants!... You mean what the Lord allows and maybe, just maybe, its to show us how much we depend on him?... Then Christ is reigning now!... Remember he's a defeated foe and he knows it... Then Christ is reigning now!

Or maybe you would like to live in the time of Noah?

Genesis 6: 5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Or maybe you would have like to live in the time of Judges?

Judges 21: 25 In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes.

We are Saints of God that live in an evil world and just like scripture says ...

John 6: 33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

But the worst case scenario is, if Christ is not reigning now!... WE WOULD STILL DIE IN OUR SINS WITHOUT CHRIST!... Brother Glen:)

#1 tyndale1946, Apr 4, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But not like He will in the Millennial Reign.

Much that is allowed now will not be allowed then.

He told Pilate His Kingdom is “not now” of this world. One day, the kingdoms of this world will become the kingdoms of our God and of His Christ. Then we’ll have the blessings in Isaiah and Psalm 67.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well said, Christ is reigning but what some seem to forget is that reigning is not the same as controlling. Satan has been allowed to exercise his limited free will for a time but that to will be taken away from him. The trials that we face now, even as Christians, will be nothing compared to those that mankind will have to deal with during the tribulation to come. Thank Christ Jesus that those of us that are in Him will not have to experience those trials that God will visit on this world.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just a few verses that might help shed some light on this issue. Look them up for context.

Hebrews 2:8-9

8Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him. 9But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

1 Corinthians 15:23-27

23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.”

Philippians 2:8-11

8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death—even death on a cross! 9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    18 And Jesus came to them and spake unto them, saying, All authority hath been given unto me in heaven and on earth. Mt 28

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It has indeed. And soon He will exercise it and it will become the Kingdom of God.

• Agree Agree x 2