1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CHRIST: Sinless or not?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by av1611jim, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

No, that is not the reason we use other sources. We use other sources because many do not believe the Word of God when it commands abstinence in the Christian's life.

Your argument is deplorable.

2. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I believe the Word of God, and I don't believe in quoting passages entirely out of context in order to support my views. If you felt the same way, you would not quote others who take the Word totally out of context.

You be diggin in da wrong word, bud.

3. Diggin in da Word

Neither Patton, nor Campbell took the Scripture out of context.

You disagree with the fact that the Word teaches abstinence and therefore you see their wisdom as being foolishness. You are far from the truth.

4. Diggin in da Word

The truth of the matter is you do not believe alcohol in moderation in the life of a Christian is sin, so therefore, your judgment is blurred to the truth.

5. Snitzelhoff

Snitzelhoff New Member

You totally beat me to pointing out the "poison of serpents and dragons" thing. Don't forget those sodomite vines and grapes of gall!

6. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I know. Eeeeevilll grapes! Oooh.. . scared myself.

7. npetreley

npetreley New Member

For those who haven't seen this yet (I think Snitz originally pointed this out), here's the context of the poison of dragons:

Oooh.... evil rocks. Abstain from rocks everyone! Ooh, evil vines! Anyone who says Jesus touched vines must know the wrong Jesus! Eeek! Evil fields of Gomorrah! ALL fields are of Gommorah!! Don't read the verse where Jesus was in a field! It's not really a field! The same word can be translated "field" or "watermelon!" Since it would be blasphemous to say Jesus walked in a field, it must be "watermelon" in that case! Context, context, context! Ahhhh grapes of gall! Anyone who says Jesus ate grapes must be of the devil!! ;)

#207 npetreley, Jun 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2007
  8. Diggin in da Word

Go ahead and mock the Word of God, npetreley. You will find one day God was not amused.

9. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Laughing out loud!! I'm not mocking the Word of God. You be diggin in da wrong place. Try again. Hint: It's da word o' Patton I be mockin.

10. Diggin in da Word

You were mocking the Word of God.

11. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I am very satisfied to let readers decide for themselves who and what I was mocking.

Just so it doesn't lose visibility:

28 For they are a nation void of counsel, neither is there any understanding in them. 29 O that they were wise, that they understood this, that they would consider their latter end! 30 How should one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, except their Rock had sold them, and the LORD had shut them up?
    31 For their rock is not as our Rock, even our enemies themselves being judges.
    32 For their vine is of the vine of Sodom, and of the fields of Gomorrah: their grapes are grapes of gall, their clusters are bitter:
    33 THEIR [read it and weep - THEIR] wine is the poison of dragons, and the cruel venom of asps.

12. Diggin in da Word

You quoted those very Scriptures and then mockingly talked about grapes and wine and everything else in that passage.

It is quite clear you were mocking the Word of God.

13. Conservative Christian

Patton, Campbell and yourself prove beyond any doubt that you know not of what you speak!

Wine and liquor are two completely different alcoholic beverages!

Wine is made via the FERMENTATION process. Liquor is made via the DISTILLATION process. Two completely different processes!

Wine is made primarily from GRAPES, whereas liquor is made primarily from GRAINS.

The vast majority of liquors have a CONSIDERABLY higher alcohol level than wine. It's not uncommon for liquors to have alcohol levels as high as 80%, whereas most wines aren't usually above 15%.

Because of the much higher alcohol level and grain-base, it's common knowledge that liquor often causes violent and unruly behavior, whereas those who drink too much wine usually just end up going to bed or getting sick to their stomach.

"Liquor: An alcoholic beverage made by distillation rather than by fermentation."---The Free Dictionary

#213 Conservative Christian, Jun 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2007
  14. Diggin in da Word

look up liquor in the Word of God, you may be surprised to find that the Word of God speaks of a liquor of grapes. and it is not fermented.

mishrah
    from 8281 in the sense of loosening; maceration, i.e. steeped juice:--liquor.

It is nothing but boiled grape juice.

There is the problem, you are trying to use modern day dictionaries to define what wine and strong drink in the Word of God is.

You can keep your free dictionary. I will let the Word of God keep me.

15. Conservative Christian

If it's NOT fermented, then it's NOT wine! It's LIQUOR. Nobody is claiming that Christ drank LIQUOR, so YOUR source Patton is using WRONG terminology, proving he doesn't know what he's talking about.

The Bible clearly states that Christ, the Apostles and many others drank WINE, not liquor!

Your non-point is MOOT.

"Diggin in da Word" just keeps "Diggin" himself in a deeper hole! :laugh:

16. npetreley

npetreley New Member

If, like Patton, you think this passage is talking about wine, then you need a new shovel and a bright lantern. You're diggin in da dark wit a spoon.

17. Conservative Christian

Yes, we know who you were mocking. Are you "Diggin" what I'm sayin'! :laugh:

18. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Word up, dude. :laugh:

19. Diggin in da Word

Though you deny the wine in Deuteronomy 32:33 is wine, verse 38 clearly shows it indeed is wine and it is poison, just as Moses wrote.

20. Diggin in da Word

Reading the passage in context, it is clear they were trusting in other gods that the LORD God. The vines, the grapes, the wine was all that which was abomination in God's eyes. That is why God said their calamity would come upon them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.