1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Airman Punished by Lesbian

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Updating our earlier report on Senior Master Sergeant Phillip Monk, a Christian serving in the Air Force whose unit is now commanded by a lesbian: according to Monk’s complaint filed with his superiors, he was relieved of duty for refusing his commander’s order to say he supports gay marriage.

Now the Air Force has taken the first steps to criminally investigate Monk for talking to the media about his situation. Despite the fact that earlier this year the Obama-Hagel Pentagon said they would never court-martial a service member for their Christian faith, they have taken the first steps to possibly court-martial Monk.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/...e-for-Talking-to-Media-Court-Martial-Possible

2. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

In my DOD job we were just told today to keep our personal opinions to our selves about this very subject. I guess I better watch it or I will lose my job.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What would happen if a person in the military said he beleived that blacks were inferior to whites - based on the theory that blacks came from Ham - who was cursed for seeing his father Noah naked.

This GI would probally be discharged from the military for his stand - and not for supporting the Equal Opportunity policy of the military.

Now that Obama had demanded that the military accept homosexuals - they too now are part of the "Equal Opportunity"

So it appears that the Army is consistent with its (lower ) standards.

Makes me think of when I was up for my E-5 promotion board. A female LT asked me if I suppoted Equal pay for equal work for women.
    My answer - as long as I get equal work for that equal pay.

4. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Did you know that transgendered people still cannot enter the military? How long until O changes this since he mentions the LGBT as a group often? Then I guess we'll have another Basic Training barracks for them? We must be fair and diverse you know.

5. thisnumbersdisconnected

That'll be a nightmare. It means the military will have to supply their hormones and other medications necessary for them to maintain their "adopted gender."

[​IMG]

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    People complain about the size of the military budget - but how much of it goes to family assistance? Miitary family housing, commisiaries, medical care, daycare center (esp for single soliders) transporation of dependents overseas, ect, ect.
    Now with homosexuals being "equal" their "partners" now recieve all the dependent benfits.

Years ago, you had to have permission to get married, while in the Army. My how things have changed.

Mind you, I am not complaing necessialry about a lifer having a family, but someone has to pay the bill. and that someone is the taxpayer.

and soon transgenders......