1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Christian Democrat. Oxymoron.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Aaron, Jul 31, 2016.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    RATs aren't stupid. Just childishly selfish. They can't have it their way, so they want to punish everyone by helping elect Hillary.

2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is selfish is to expect people to bend their consciences and their beliefs to what you guys want.

• Like Like x 1
  3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds good, but it doesn't track. Find a new excuse for wanting to see this republic destroyed.

4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Vote for Trump or be Anti-American. Got it.

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump's got that covered.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

Finally! I thought you'd never get it.

7. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course. They support legalizing armed robbery against anyone who makes more than $45,000/year so those poor hungry street people can eat and gat a room.

8. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You evidently do not.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or people who do not support Trump have a conscience and will not vote for an immoral man. Just because the options are not great and just because we are afraid does not mean we should give up principles. Me, I am voting my principles and Trump does not meet them.

Those who do support Trump either have poor principles or are just voting out of fear. This is the reason we have corrupt politicians today. People are willing to compromise their principles to gain other things. Sad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. If we keep supporting these lousy candidates the GOP puts out there, we're going to keep on getting lousy candidates. After Romney, I said I would never vote for another RINO. Trump is a democrat who happens to not be named Clinton, so I can't vote for him. Not being named Clinton would be good enough for most Trump supporters.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you will no longer be voting. Ever.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess that's a good enough reason to contribute to the destruction of America by helping Hillary get elected. For some.

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh not true.

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump is neither a Democrat nor a republican. He is neither a conservative nor a liberal. He is an opportunist. He does not fit in anyone's little box. He is definitely an outsider. However, being an outsider in and of itself is not a virtue.

15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought America was going to be destroyed by Obama's administration. Now it's Hillary that will do the deed. The difference is that Obama is much more ideologically pure leftist than Hillary. So if Obama couldn't do it, I doubt Hillary can do it.

16. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I could have voted for Cruz. I could have voted for Walker. I could have voted for Rubio.

17. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Politicians of both parties have for years left our borders unsecured, and gone along with amnesties for millions of illegals.

They have committed the US to pointless climate treaties designed only to transfer wealth to less developed countries. As former Canadian environmental minister stated: "No matter if the science is phony, there are collateral benefits. Climate change [provides] the greatest chance to bring about justice and equality in the world."

Obama said that he wanted to put coal companies out of business. He is succeeding by imposing ever more stringent regulation. He opposed fracking, but now takes credit for the energy boom.
    Hillary will do the same.

They have allowed corporations to hide their money in foreign accounts where it cannot be taxed, and allowed China to use unfair trade practices putting millions of US workers out of a job.

Trump may not be a righteous man, and speaks in rude ways. But then the New Testament says that all have sinned and fall short. We also see in the Old Testament how God used pagan kings to accomplish His will, and even called them "My servant".

Jimmy Carter (and *ahem* others) have on paper been good bible-believing Christians who speak in all the correct ways. But I would never vote for Carter again.

18. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This sort of reasoning opens the door to all sorts of possibilities. All are sinners. God can use pagans to achieve his purpose. (You forgot, "we're not voting for pastor.") That's a very low bar to set.

OK, so vote for anyone. Vote for Jill Stein. Vote for Hillary. Vote for Ralph Nader. Gary Johnson. Whatever.

19. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

No, RATs are [Edited]. They're perfectly willing to vote for immoral men. Older RATs voted for Ronald Reagan, the first divorced and remarried president. They voted for George W. Bush, even after he lied the US into an incredibly disastrous war. And, now they're defacto voting for Hillary. There's no principle in sacrificing the country to someone who has the desire and opportunity to appoint the Fifth Activist to the Supreme Court.

If RATs aren't [Edited], then they [Edited]. They don't care about the damage Bush and the Iraq war did to Christians in American and Iran, nor do they care about the damage Hillary will do to Christians.

Are you joking? Most of what I read from RATs is about their fear of what president Trump will do. "Extinction-level event", "Constitutional crises", etc. But, Trump is better on every issue, especially the most important one (the Supreme Court).

RATs are not principled, they're just [Edited] who have immoral men pull their strings and pull them against Trump. Some RATs will vote for Hillary. Some will vote for the Liberal tyrants running in the Libertarian party. But, they'll all help Hillary win. Any Christian voting his conscience, without regard for practical consequences, will vote for the Constitution Party. The RATs won't be voting for the CP.

#39 Smyth, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2016
  20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you will have to be all knowing and able to see into their hearts and minds, because otherwise you have no idea what sins they have committed. But one thing is sure, they have sinned.

And I have been taught that all but one sin is forgivable. So God can forgive sinners like Trump and me and you, but you can't?

Are you placing yourself above God now?