1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Democrats???

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by 12strings, Aug 13, 2012.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I think you have contrasted the real issues very clearly!

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I explained this to you. It is based on the fact that at no time in American history has any President converted the masses to his religion or denomination. You are trying to hang on to a dead and debunked argument. I am trying to help you out but you are hanging on to this with no real support. Let it go so as not to embarrass yourself further.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Wow. That's your FACTUAL evidence that there will be no religious consequences to a Mitt Romney, the false god worshiping candidate, presidency?

There haven't been any presidents in the past who have tried to convert the masses to his religion or denomination?

[​IMG] INCREDIBLE. And folks are patting you on the back as though you've made some sort of sage statement.

First, who said the religious consequences were limited to attempts to convert folks to his denomination? That seems to be the constraint YOU are trying to use to frame your "factual" evidence as factual.

Second, and this is the laughable part, how on earth does a person conclude that because something hasn't happened in the past , that is factual evidence that it won't happen in the future?

Up until the 2012 Olympics, no sprinter had ever completed the 100m/200m gold double. It hadn't ever happened in the past, but it just happened in spite of what took place in the past.

That's how silly your factual evidence sounds.

:laugh: Absolutely incredible. And you're serious.:laugh: You haven't debunked anything. Your factual evidence is debunked by common sense and a litany of things that have taken place in spite of a history of not having taken place in the past.

This is turning into one of the funniest, sad things I've ever seen.

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're the one that keeps using the phrase Christians are supporting a candidate who "worships a false god." Following your rhetoric it seems logical to assume a consequence of electing this person would be more people worshiping a false god.

What consequences do you see?

I see perhaps the Mormon Tabernacle Choir performing at the White House and slight, almost imperceptible increase in curiosity about Mormonism.

It's a logical assumption based on past history.

As one poster likes to say, "apples and oranges." Sprinters are supposed to attempt to break records. Presidents are not supposed to convert citizens to their faith.

That's how silly your argument sounds.

Your arguments are some of the funniest, sad things I've ever seen.

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ditto :thumbs:

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What's your point? They are.

And indeed it will be. But that doesn't mean that he's going to influence them to worship his false god or he may very well influence some to do so. That possible consequence doesn't come off the table just because it hasn't happened before.:laugh:

I see a world of Muslims, and Hindus, and Buddhists, and Sikhs, and atheists and agnostics having another reason presented to them to not want Jesus Christ. After all, if Christians will endorse a man who doesn't follow Jesus to sit as the leader of the free world, how dare they try to tell someone of another faith that they need to let go of that faith and follow Jesus.

There will INDEED be consequences. But some can't see that far ahead because they are trying to win an election with no regard to the cost of eternal souls.

Yep. The Muslims started their increase in England and France imperceptibly too.

Then call it an assumption and not factual evidence.

It's apples to apples because no one is talking about what they are supposed to do but rather the fact that it hadn't happened before is not factual evidence that it won't happen in the future.

Jesus hasn't raptured the Church before. is that factual evidence that it won't happen in the future?

That's how silly YOUR argument sounds.

8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pure speculation not based on historical, factual evidence. This is a construct that you've made up in your own head. Along with another false premise you keep repeating. Ah, yes, there it is, right on time...

#128 InTheLight, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
  9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Outside of God's revelation, there ain't too much that anyone can state as "will be the case" in the future that isn't speculation.:laugh:

The pitifully, laughable false premise construct that has been devised is this silliness that because something hasn't happened in the past, that is factual evidence that it won't happen in the future.

HILARIOUSLY sad!

10. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see that your reaction to being shown your hypocrisy and being backed into a corner is to post smilies and laugh off serious discussion.

11. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's what trolls do.

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I see that your reaction in being shown the hypocrisy of yourself and other Christians to endorsing a false god worshiper is to join forces and present the same non-factual evidence as factual.

I'm getting a real kick out of y'all.

13. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

So who will you vote for?

...Or do you just plan to do nothing but curse the darkness and condemn others?

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yes, that's liberal speak for "how dare you challenge us on our desperate need to vote for a false god worshiper? Don't you know we have GOT to win this election"?

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

This was answered for you in another thread a while back when you asked the same question.

17. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't recall it. Please refresh my memory.

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Must not have really mattered that much then. So go ahead and make some witty comment.

19. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Another non-answer. Yep, you're a troll.

[​IMG]

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Naah. You're just lazy and want to blame me for your laziness.:wavey: But y'all really do sound like those coordinated progressives who must defend their version of the truth.