1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Christian "fellowship"....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "Internet Theologian,

:Ninja9 Strangers have devoured his strength, and he knoweth it not: yea, gray hairs are here and there upon him, yet he knoweth not.:Roflmao:Thumbsup:Roflmao

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    For fun....ask people in the local church how they see our role as priests in Christ

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Been there done that, it doesn't last long except when its in a formal teaching environment with an expectation of sharing (koinonia) - a sacrifice, a sweet smelling
    However I hear you! I agree completely, it should be primary in our lives.

When I think about it, I believe that even a "pot luck" dinner is a form of koinonia.

YLT Hebrews 13:16 and of doing good, and of fellowship (koinonia), be not forgetful, for with such sacrifices God is well-pleased.

Christian koinonia - an odor of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, well pleasing to God.

Here I believe is one of the reasons for the failure of which you speak.

Matthew 5
    23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
    24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

Too many brethren have unresolved issues, some far into the past and the Spirit is grieved (IMO) and we make Him ineffective in our lives.

HankD

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, there are priestly duties in any age, mainly intercession (prayer).

James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

In the NT priesthood Jesus ripped open the veil, tore down the wall of partition and all His priests (male, female, Hebrew and Greek) are invited into the holy place.

Peter 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

The NT sacrifices to be offered up - praise, prayer, fellowship.

To start.

Occasionally - maybe once a year, we go over the NT priesthood in our senior citizen Sunday School class.

HankD

• Like Like x 1