1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Globalists?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Calminian, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Is nationalism vs. globalism a big deal in the Church today?

More and more, I'm seeing the Church losing interest in this issue, and even embracing concepts like globalism and multiculturalism. We see Churches harboring illegal aliens and reviling the idea of national borders. And there are a number of Christians speaking out against nationalism.

An esteemed guest speaker in my Church demanded Christians should never be country first (saying it goes against Christ-first), and that we should embrace multiculturalism because heaven is multicultural (wish I was making this up).

Then there's this guy from Baptist News Global:

American first or Christian first? Why supporting Trump’s vision for the nation compromises our biblical mandate

There are tons of others just like him.

I can understand the world's penchant for geopolitical globalism. It's been a natural human tendency since Babel. That's why God divided the nations so early on. That's why globalism will take hold as soon as God removes the Church from the earth.

But I can't understand this trend of modern "Christian globalism." We should be nationalists and patriots to the core.

Rom. 13:7 Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.

We should honor national borders knowing God is the author of national borders (Psa. 74:17, Acts 17:26).

#1 Calminian, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017