1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Movie

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you seen the trailer for: THE GIRL WHO BELIEVES IN MIRACLES

Due out 2 April. Sounds good

what are your thoughts?

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks like it will be a very good CLEAN & INSPIRATIONAL film.
    However, I can just see the avalanche of "God doesn't do this stuff today" deniers.
    Now I've never experienced OR known anyone who has experienced such miracles, BUT I'm fer sure not going to claim that "God can't because -(pick your particular favorite limiting factor for God) "

Like I said, it appears to be a very good CLEAN & INSPIRATIONAL film; which there are too few of today!!!!
    And, it IS an inspirational movie, not a documentary. :Biggrin:Tongue

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

Some 60 years ago, our church was building a new building. One thing we were missing was gravel for the parking area. A new strip mall
    was being build about 5 miles down the road. They needed to get rid of a lot of fill. Well, it ended up that we could have it without charge. But we would have to haul it ourselves. Somewhere, my dad was able to appropriate a truck and he made dozens of trips bring the fill up to the church parking lot.

So Did God preform a miracle by moving a mountain?

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many (most??) would claim "just coincidence--", but I'm a firm believer that with His own, there are NO coincidences, just God looking out for His own.
    I have had too many such "coincidences" like this, though less magnitude, to NOT believe He is intervening!!!:Thumbsup:Smile

5. Hannahande

Hannahande Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is the kind of movie that we need. I hope that younger generation would appreciate it like we do.

6. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    About 20 years ago, Mr Newton just slid down the chair in the middle of the worship service. Doctor Drew, an ER nurse named Calvin and a Hospice RN named Teresa placed him in a wheelchair and took Mr Newton outside to care for him. The church members thought Mr Newton was ill and stopped the service to begin to pray for him.

Outside, Mr Newton had coded (no pulse or heartbeat) and the RNs had started CPR and called for EMS to transport him. When the Paramedics arrived, they continued CPR, but Mr Newton was pronounced dead at the scene. It had been too long. The Paramedics began filling out the paperwork to transport the body.

The Church members had been praying for about an hour when Mr Newton sat up in the back of the Ambulance, refused to be transported and returned to the Church Service. So maybe, a Doctor, an ER RN, a Hospice RN, and two EMS Paramedics don't really know the difference between dead and alive ... or else, God still raises the dead back to life.

I know which I believe.

• Agree Agree x 1