1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian president: I could vote for a gay

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Wesley Briggman, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, as I sometimes get "dense" while reading!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Humpty Dumpty

Humpty Dumpty Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn’t let a homosexual sodomist teach my children in school let alone vote for one to be the leader of our republic. Satan peddling brainwashers

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wonder what God thinks of libraries having known drag queen reading stories to kids for reading hour?

4. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to get out more and actually get to know some gay people, particularly those who grew up in churches while fighting gay feelings every day and who still do have those attractions despite having a strong faith in God. Celibate LGB Christians exist, you're talking to one right now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that he was referring to those who were being described in Romans 1!

6. Humpty Dumpty

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I don’t know what the Almighty thinks this of that but I know what I think of it... my children won’t be there learning how to read from someone who doesn’t read the book worth a reading

7. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is a prominent one, who was written books on the subject:

I also recommend changing your attitude and talking to lost gay people. You will never be able to reach them until you get to know them and know how to effectively talk to them. Hint: it's not by calling them Satanic sickos

• Like Like x 1
  8. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even there he needs an attitude check

• Like Like x 1
  9. Humpty Dumpty

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I don’t. I know people like you and your ways. Use your “LGB” as a weapon. If you were truly celibate you wouldn’t have mentioned it here. Or that “ raises hand”... seems to me like someone looking for attention.

Besides if your lusting for another of your kind in your heart, you’re already committed the sin under God. Claiming to be a Christian and homosexual at the same time doesn’t work. Unless you are in one of those churches that allow for homosexual sodomist to flourish. The Bible is clear on the matter

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pearls before swine I suppose. But very well. Let us do battle.

I was raised a very conservative home. I'm still rather conservative by comparison to most of the left, I only just recently began leaning left wing, and even though I'm not Libertarian anymore I still have a few leanings in that direction. (I was Libertarian for years.) I disagree with a lot of what the left peddles honestly. But you may continue to make assumptions about me instead of asking me what my views are, as you probably will. I'll just debunk them.

By your logic, being attracted to anyone is a sin, just acknowledging the fact that you like the opposite sex. Or is any and all attraction a sin until you're married? Or, should you just strive to experience no attraction ever and therefore not refer to yourself as heterosexual until you're married and can safely experience heterosexual attraction without it being in sin? That's ridiculous.
    Just thinking "ooh that person is attractive" isn't lust--there are different kinds of attraction. Sexual, romantic, even other kinds like aesthetic (just thinking someone looks very handsome/pretty).

And for your information, I'm asexual. So the only kind of attractions I experience are romantic and aesthetic. There's no "lusting" involved on my end, and even if I did experience sexual attraction, lusting is something deeper than that. It's dwelling on something you can't have, imagining it in your heart even though you know it's forbidden, trying to have your cake and eat it too. It's not simply a passing notion of "oh, I'm attracted to that person".

If someone experiences attraction to the same sex, then they are homosexual, same as someone who experiences attraction to the opposite sex is heterosexual. It's simply a descriptor for what they experience, nothing more.
    By your logic, sir, a lustful straight man cannot be a Christian until he stops lusting. Christians still deal with sin even after conversion, it doesn't revoke their Christianity.

Tell me, do you still feel attracted to people who aren't your spouse? Do you mayhap even deal with lust toward people other than your spouse? Most Christians will tell you that this experience is normal, even though they try to combat it.
    That's what it's like to be same sex attracted and Christian. Most of the time it does not go away. You simply learn to live a life of celibacy and not act on your attractions, not even in your imagination.

#30 evenifigoalone, Feb 15, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Humpty Dumpty

Faith:
    Baptist

Like I said I know your kind. Go ahead and keep practicing Christianity and being a proud homosexual, let me know how that works out for you.

In the meanwhile I’ll do what I can to steer as many away from said practices and keep my children’s minds free of the active brainwashing agenda the “lgbt” garbage.

#31 Humpty Dumpty, Feb 15, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good luck being an effective witness to LGBT people who are actually living in sin, bud. Spoiler: you'll be the reason many steer clear of Christianity

• Like Like x 1
  13. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nowhere have I done this except in your imagination

• Like Like x 1
  14. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would vote for a practicing homosexual over a professed Muslim.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Humpty Dumpty

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its the kind you represent. You said you are a “LGB”. If you are going to label yourself with them expect folks like me to be against it. Your kind is actively brainwashing innocent children to accept that garbage

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    You could ask questions instead of assuming I support "brainwashing kids", but y'know, making assumptions is easier than challenging your biases.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that the scriptures would make a difference between those who know Homosexuality behavior is sinning, and those whose attitude is to just flaunt it and enjoy!

18. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does this have to do with witnessing to LGBT people

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To his credit though, does not seem to be a :flaming homosexual", as those would be the very ones that you are railing against here!

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I really think that we are discussing 2 classes of homosexuals/lesbians here, as one group wants to try to get victory over this sin area, while many just accept that is the way God made them, so live and flaunt it!