1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Testimony of U.S. Senator Who Beat Bribery & Fraud Charges

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Jerome, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sen. Menendez (D-NJ) invokes the Bible

"as he made one of his first public appearances since federal corruption charges against him were dropped....Menendez joined New Jersey's other Democratic senator, Cory Booker, and Gov. Phil Murphy at a news conference"

"shortly after being introduced, Menendez alluded to his faith in God. 'We find our way through Him,' the 64-year-old senator said. 'I give testimony that sometimes God puts a Goliath in your path to find the David within you.'"

"'I have always walked by faith,' Menendez, a Roman Catholic, told Politico New Jersey after Monday's news conference."

"Menendez has said he is planning to run for a third term in the Senate this November. No Republican has won a U.S. Senate seat in New Jersey since 1972. Booker, the state's junior senator, praised Menendez during Monday's event. 'I am so grateful for Bob Menendez and that I get to work with him and stand beside him,' Booker said."

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Menendez angered Obama by opposing the Iran deal and by opposing the openings to Cuba (because we got nothing in return). Obama retaliated against Menendez by using clout to have Menendez indicted and tried. After Menendez beat some of the charges, Trump dropped the rest of the charges against him. Menendez, of course, is a Cuban anti-communist dissident and thus a rare bird in the Democrat Party. Obama's selfish authoritarian personality did not allow anyone to express any idea that Obama did not agree with. If it had not been for Corker, Obama could not have gotten any of his bad deal with Iran because Corker fixed it so that no action by the Senate by a certain time would allow the deal to happen automatically so the GOP sold out the Constitution to help Obama.