1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Christian Universalism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jan 14, 2015.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Well one view believes jesus is the only way and another denies that. Both groups however believe that all will be saved eventually. Unitarianism has lots of New Age elements where as CU errors primarily in its view on Hell being forever as it teaches it's only temporary.

Unitarianism is also riddled with liberal theology and embraces other religions and denies John 14:6. One cannot be Christian and universalist. CU however does not which baffles me if it is possible one can be saved just in error on his view of Hell. Perhaps so...

#21 evangelist6589, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015
  2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I am even more confused! Sorry!:tear:

3. MNJacob

MNJacob Member

"One cannot be Christian and universalist."

I believe that this statement is presumptive and judgemental. John Stott had universalist tendencies. While I do not agree with him on this, I would never presume to say he was not a Christian.

I do believe that that you can be universalist and Christian. You (the Christian Universalist in this case) are just mistaken.

#23 MNJacob, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2015
  4. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would say Stott was an annihilist not a universalist. One believes everyone is going to eventually be "saved", the other believes those rejecting God will cease to exist.