1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christianity's Commandments

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Webers_Home, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Weber, this is a discussion forum. From what I've read there has been little discussion only you on a soap box. Discussion, means you will be asked questions for clarification. Discussion means comments will be made on your points. Discussion means there will be friction, unless you want us to accept your views as being brought down the mountain like Moses brought down The Law.
    What you have posted on this thread is worthy of at least a dozen threads dealing with each of your informational posts.

2. Webers_Home

Webers_Home New Member

Christianity's Commandments (11)

105) 1Cor 11:3-10 . . Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head— it is just as though her head were shaved. If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head.

. . . A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. For this reason, and because of the angels, the woman ought to have a sign of [the man's] authority on her head.

NOTE: a surprising piece of information comes out in that passage. Though the wording of Gen 1:26-28 suggests that women were created in the image of God; they actually weren't; no, according to Paul, they were created in Adam's image. Whereas Adam was created directly from dust in the image and glory of God; Eve wasn't, no she was manufactured not from dust, but from the organic tissues of the male (Gen 2:21-13). So then, since Eve was, organically, Adam's first child, then according to the natural law of primogeniture; all women, including Jesus' mom, are subordinate to men.

†. Gen 3:16 . .He shall rule over you.

†. Ex 20:12 . . Honor thy father and thy mother

Eve had no mother, but she did have a father: Mr. Adam. So then, contrary to feminist humanism's rabid protests, women will never be equal to men in the natural order of things. No, they will always be daddy's little girl. Ergo: women aren't from Venus after all; no, they are actually from Mars.

Why are there so many female personnel serving in the military these days; and why do so many female role models on television and in the movies carry guns and abuse men? Easy. Because though they might wear a veil in church, they would rather be dead than wear one over their hearts. I recently saw a military recruiting ad on television showing a young woman manning a large caliber machine gun. There's something terribly out of harmony with God in a young woman who's comfortable killing men with a machine gun. Where's the veil in that scenario?

(Kelly Ripa once made the remark that guys should always pay the restaurant tab for their dates because women are the ones who have the babies. Well, my question is, who gave birth to Eve? Since women owe their existence to Adam, then maybe they should be the ones paying the tab.)

Anyway, point being, Jesus' mom was manufactured with the glory of a man, while Christ was manufactured with the glory of God.

†. John 1:14 . . And we saw his glory, the glory as of the Father's only son, full of grace and truth.

†. Heb 1:1-3 . . In ages past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets. In these last days, He spoke to us through a son, who is the refulgence of His glory; the very imprint of His being

The koiné Greek word for imprint is character (khar-ak-tare') which means: an engraving.

The various mints in the US produce coins by engraving. But they don't do it with carving tools, but rather with upper and lower metal dies in a mechanical press; viz: the metal coins are stamped. In this way, they can produce millions of coins that are precise imprints of the dies. Auto manufacturers make car parts the same way on assembly lines with powerful tools called drop hammers.

Now, note the progression. The Hebrew word in Gen 1:26-17 for Adam's likeness of God is tselem (tseh'-lem) which means: a phantom; viz: a shadow.

So then the dignity of Jesus' mom was that of the glory she derived from a shadow, while her son's glory is that of a solid stamping. In other words, God pressed the image of a God into Christ, while Adam pressed the image of a man into Mary. Who then should be given the greater respect? Christ or his mom? Duh.

†. John 14:8-10 . . Philip said: Master, show us the Father and that will be enough for us. Jesus answered: Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say: Show us the Father? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me?

Some take 1Cor 11:3-10 to mean that women should cover their faces in church. No, the focus is upon a woman's hair, not her face. A scarf or hat would suffice for that purpose; and it need not totally obscure her hair like a burkha; after all what we're after here is merely a "token" of female submission.

But let me be quick to point out that the venue is narrow; viz: Christian women are urged to cover their hair only when they pray or prophecy in the presence of God's men (which by definition includes their Christian husbands) rather than in the presence of the world's men, or when they're alone, or in the presence of God's women. So then, ladies' prayer groups, ladies' Bible studies, and/or ladies' missionary societies; etc, are exempt.

The whole idea is that the covering— whether it be scarf, cap, beret, tam, or hat —be a sign; viz: a testimony that women owe their existence to a man, and that they were not created to be served by men, nor were they created equal to men, nor were they created in the image of God as men were; but they were created from a man, after the man, and for the express purpose of supporting a man (Gen 2:18-23 and Gen 3:16).

When a woman covers her hair with something when she prays and/or prophesies, she's declaring her subordination not just to God, but more importantly, to men of God. This is probably a mite difficult for modern American women since their culture encourages them to compete with men, to stand up to men, and assert not only their equality with men; but also their independence. Subordination to men really chafes some women, even so called "Christian" women; and really puts their professed devotion to God to the acid test. American woman who know their place in the scheme of things are pretty rare.

Though I've listed hair coverings as a commandment, Paul says they aren't mandatory (1Cor 11:16). So then, they fall into the category of 1John 3:22 as something that's "pleasing in His sight" as opposed to a direct order. In other words, hair coverings are merit-worthy because they're above and beyond the call of duty.

MORE > >
    |

3. Webers_Home

Webers_Home New Member

Christianity's Commandments (11) +

RE: Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head

Prophecy as it's generally understood in the Bible, is broad rather than strictly predicting the future. When people speak for God in any capacity— whether in a locker-room bull session, on a forum, in a chat room, in evangelism, or in Sunday school —they are prophesying; which is why people wearing the Christian label need to be very careful when they discuss the Bible with others.

†. 1Pet 4:11 . . If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God

So then, if somebody cannot speak for God, and as God, when they interpret the Bible, then they need to sit down and shut up; and that goes for both men and women speakers.

The identity of the angels in verse 10 is probably best understood as not the holy angels, but rather the angels of Rev 2:1-3:22; which aren't spirit beings, but rather, human beings; in other words: church managers; viz: the pastors. The koiné Greek word is aggelos (ang'-el-os); which just simply means: a messenger. So then, an "angel" is basically somebody who speaks for God and/or as God; whether human or divine; ergo: women who lead prayer meetings, or teach children's Sunday school and/or catechism classes, certainly fall into that category.

C.L.I.F.F.
    /

4. Webers_Home

Webers_Home New Member

Input

If you are truly "saved" then the below instructions are pertinent to you.

†. 1John 2:26-27 . . The anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.

Christians need human Bible teachers (Eph 4:11-15). But human teachers cannot train your intuition to recognize the truth when it sees it; viz: human teachers cannot give you a feel for the truth, nor can human teachers break down your resistance to the truth once you've recognized it.

What that means is; you should be able to recognize the truth and accept it whether it's coming from an accredited teacher or a common rank and file pew warmer. There is only one right interpretation; and the only person who knows which interpretation to believe is God's Spirit.

†. 1Cor 2:14 . .The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are absurd to him: neither can he comprehend them, because they are Spiritually appraised.

If you know within yourself that the things I have been posting are true and valid, yet refuse to accept them simply because I am not accredited, then you need to seriously question whether you've yet obtained the anointing of 1John 2:26-27 because it is God's spirit who selects His own teachers rather than seminaries (1Cor 12:4-11). The teachers that God's spirit selects are often nobodies with no accreditation at all.

†. John 7:14-15 . . Now about the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and taught. And the Jews marveled, saying; How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?

†. Acts 4:13 . . Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated ignorant men, they marveled

†. 1Cor 1:26-29 . . Remember, dear brothers and sisters, that few of you were wise in the world's eyes, or powerful, or wealthy when God called you. Instead, God deliberately chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose those who are powerless to shame those who are powerful. God chose things despised by the world, things counted as nothing at all, and used them to bring to nothing what the world considers important, so that no one can ever boast in the presence of God.

Unfortunately some Christians are unteachable because they are infected with religious vanity; for example:

†. John 9:34 . .To this they replied: You were steeped in sin at birth; how dare you lecture us! And they threw him out.

C.L.I.F.F.
    /

5. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So now you're questioning whether or not we are truly saved? That is against the rules on this board, which can get you banned.

6. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

These passages are being taken out of their appropriate historical context. In no way do women need to have their heads covered, nor are women subordinate to men in any way. This was a mandate given to a particular people in a particular place in a particular time.

7. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Problem is, anytime I ask a question on this thread I only get a rude PM in response!

8. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Yeah, it's pretty strange.

9. Webers_Home

Webers_Home New Member

Response to jaigner

RE: These passages are being taken out of their appropriate historical context. In no way do women need to have their heads covered, nor are women subordinate to men in any way. This was a mandate given to a particular people in a particular place in a particular time.

I once heard a cute story along that line.

A little girl was out playing in the backyard when she suddenly felt the urge for a snack; so she came in and asked her mommy for a peanut butter sandwich. Well, to the little girl's delight, her mommy put a chocolate chip cookie on the plate along with the sandwich. You see, the little girl's mommy didn't have to add the cookie but she did it anyway because she loved her little girl and wanted to make her happy.

There are Christians doing only what they have to; while others are going the extra mile for the Lord because they want to not only obey Him, but also to make Him happy.

†. 1John 3:22 . . And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

†. Luke 17:10 . When you shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say: We are unprofitable servants: we have only done that which was our duty to do.

C.L.I.F.F.
    /

10. Webers_Home

Webers_Home New Member

Response in regards to abcgrad94

RE: Problem is, anytime I ask a question on this thread I only get a rude PM in response!

Ladies; you're gossiping again. Need I keep reminding you that PM's are confidential. And besides, C.L.I.F.F. is not the topic here; Christianity's Commandments are. Can we just try staying on-topic and not hijack it for airing your issues with a community member?

C.L.I.F.F.
    /

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Isn't that strange? I wonder why that would happen? Maybe it's the "golden rule" put into reverse.

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So it's just ladies gossiping? Interesting.

As for PMs, they are only confidential if both parties wish them to be. There is no contract that says you may not discuss what is written in a PM to anyone else so....

Besides, to state the overall feel of the PM is not gossiping OR breaking any "confidentiality". A question is asked on the main board - answer it on the main board. Or could it be you don't want to be caught being rude and condescending on the board so instead contact us privately?

13. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

That doesn't make any sense.

Oh, and you know the chapter and verse markings aren't inspired or inerrant, right? Just think it's strange to include them.

Seriously, let's try the TNIV.

14. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Awww...all the fun incendiary people are getting banned these days.

15. WildB

WildB New Member

Webers_Home = Sillyness

Hello all. Im WildB from http://thechristianbbs.com and we have Cliffy learning us all things Webers_Home', sad.

The man is a great sadness' so much so that I plugged In His Webers_Home to Google and was not surprised at all what I found.

I hope you don't mind that I forwarded some of his sillyness from your Board to ours to cut short his SPAM ATTACK.

Your all welcome to read and look up his post on our site.

Here is one of my responses:wavey:

WildB

Advanced Member
    Member # 2917

posted March 24, 2011 10:32 PM

Give it a rest Cliffy.

Some responses to Cliffy,

from another board befor he got baned.

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=67194&page=2

You would think he would change his handle, oh thats right pride commeth befor the fall.

--------------------
    That is all.....
    Posts: 4358 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004 | IP: Logged |

and of our ADM.

Carol Swenson

Admin
    Member # 6929

posted March 25, 2011 02:05 AM
    I like their Admin's response on page 5

There are 12 pages of this topic at Grace Centered Christian forums:

http://www.gracecentered.com/christian_forums/catholic-forum/agnes-gonxha-bojaxhiu/

Also posted at Christian Messageboard with no replys.

#55 WildB, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2011
  16. WildB

WildB New Member

Prostituting C BOARDS!

WildB

Advanced Member
    Member # 2917

posted March 25, 2011 12:10 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Carol Swenson:
    Let's post some good topics...yea?
    Does David get a % of this FREE advertising SPAMMING of the board by Cliffy?

He really should do the right thing and contact the owner for an advertising package.

--------------------
    That is all.....

17. WildB

WildB New Member

So stop your inability

If you and your people are not able to fix a BAD PROBLEM,

Please don't send it loose on the rest.

I think we will try to maintain,

The infection of the WWW.

By Cliffy.

Pray 4 US.