1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

christians react let your voice be heard

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by freedom's cause, Aug 31, 2005.

1. freedom's cause

freedom's cause New Member

IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUESTED REGARDING ABC RADIO

Dear merle,

WMAL Radio Talk Show Host, Michael Graham, Fired for Statements Connecting Islam to Terrorism!!!

CAIR is subverting the First Amendment and preventing the American public from learning the truth about the global jihad that is upon us. WMAL's appeasement of CAIR is a victory for the "enemy within."

Brigitte

CAIR WINS, FREE SPEECH LOSES, GRAHAM FIRED

The First Amendment and I have been evicted from ABC Radio in Washington, DC.

On July 25th, the Council on American-Islamic Relations demanded that I be "punished" for my on-air statements regarding Islam and its tragic connections to terrorism. Three days later, 630 WMAL and ABC Radio suspended me without pay for comments deemed "hate radio" by CAIR.

CAIR immediately announced that my punishment was insufficient and demanded I be fired. ABC Radio and 630 WMAL have now complied. I have now been fired for making the specific comments CAIR deemed "offensive," and for refusing to retract those statements in a management-mandated, on-air apology. ABC Radio further demanded that I agree to perform what they described as "additional outreach efforts" to those people or groups who felt offended.

I refused. And for that refusal, I have been fired.

It appears that ABC Radio has caved to an organization that condemns talk radio hosts like me, but has never condemned Hamas, Hezbollah, and one that wouldn't specifically condemn Al Qaeda for three months after 9/11.

As a fan of talk radio, I find it absolutely outrageous that pressure from a special interest group like CAIR can result in the abandonment of free speech and open discourse on a talk radio show. As a conservative talk host whose job is to have an open, honest conversation each day with my listeners, I believe caving to this pressure is a disaster.

I for one cannnot apologize for the truth and I cannot agree to some community-service style "outreach effort" to appease the opponents of free speech.

Michael Graham

CONTACT: Mr. Randall Bloomquist Program Director WMAL 4400 Jenifer Street NW Washington DC 20015 Switchboard: 202-686-3100 Direct: 202-895-2327 To be on a WMAL talk show, call 202-432-WMAL, toll free 888-630-WMAL E-Mail: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

ACTION: Contact WMAL's Advertisers

2. CONTACT WMAL's advertisers to express your concerns about their support for a station that stifles free speech.

E-MAIL: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Contact Other WMAL Auto-Related Advertisers

IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUESTED: (As always, please be POLITE.)

Alexandria Buick, Pontiac & GMC
    499 South Pickett Rd
    Alxandria VA
    phone: 703-370-7211
    www.alexandriabuickpontiacgmc.com

Brown's Buick
    10245 Lee Highway
    Fairfax, VA 22030
    phone: 703-934-4900
    fax: 703-934-4957
    http://ffxbuick.brownscar.com/

Brown's Lincoln Mercury
    10287 Lee Highway
    Fairfax, VA 22030
    phone: 703-352-5500
    www.brownsautomotive.com

Cherner Lincoln Mercury
    8550 Leesburg Pike
    phone: 703-893-0800
    fax: 703-898-8559
    www.cherner.com

Cowles Parkway Ford
    13779 Noblewood Plaza
    Woodbridge VA
    phone: 800-730-8203
    www.cowlesford.com

Fairfax Automile
    Route 50 Fairfax--21 different dealers
    www.fairfaxautomile.com

Manassas Chrysler
    8100 Centreville Rd.
    Manassas, VA.
    phone: 703-368-5300
    fax: 703-392-0457
    www.manassaschrysler.com

Moore Cadillac/Hummer
    The Choice is yours Moore or less
    8595 Leesburg Pike
    phone: 703-790-0950
    www.moorehummer.com

New Car Network
    3273 Blue Heron Drive
    Falls Church, VA 22042
    phone: 703-534-SAVE
    fax: 703-241-8861

Ourisman World of Ford
    Why Go Anywhere Else?
    6129 Richmond Hwy.
    Alexandria, VA.
    phone: 703-660-9000
    www.OurismanWorldofFord.com

Pohanka Lexus
    13909 Lee Jackson Highway
    Chantilly, VA 20151
    phone: 800-399-0681
    fax: 703-968-7725
    email: [email protected]
    www.pohankalexus.com

Radial Tire
    9101 Brookville Road
    Silver Spring MD 20910
    phone: 301-585-2740
    www.radialtire.com

Safford Lincoln Mercury
    It's Saffordable
    3110 Automobile Blvd
    Silver Spring, MD 20904
    phone: 301-890-3900
    fax: 301-890-7817
    www.saffordlm.com

WANADA
    Washington Area New Automobile Dealers Association
    5301 Wisconsin Avenue
    Washington DC NW 20015
    phone: 202-237-7200
    www.wanada.org

ATTENTION BLOGGERS: Please get the word out on this!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyday, American Congress for Truth (ACT) is on the front lines fighting for you in meeting with politicians, decision makers, speaking on college campuses and planning events to educate and inform the public about the threat of radical Muslim fundamentalists to world peace. We are committed to combating the global upsurge of hate and intolerance.
    To continue and bolster our efforts, we need your continued solidarity, activism and financial support. We are only as strong as our supporters. If you have friends that would benefit from our information please refer them to www.americancongressfortruth.com where they can sign up to receive our updates and action alerts. Taking this crucial action will greatly benefit American Congress for Truth and enable us to reach out further and gain strength in numbers. We thank you for helping us carry on this important work.

ACT, P.O.Box 6884, Virginia Beach, VA 23456
    Email: [email protected]

2. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please, what a waste of bandwidth! This guy is going to end up with tons of cash for being nothing more then a big gas bag. He can go find his own job, he isn't getting any help from me.