1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Church search help?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by yishmeray, May 30, 2017.

1. yishmeray

yishmeray New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello everybody,

This is my first post. Apologies if I am approaching things wrongly. Feel free to tell me, if so.

I am here looking for godly help as I seek a church for my family. We've recently relocated into Tyler Texas. Don't really know anybody here: no family beyond immediate; no previous connections.

Some benefit has come from searching the web and calling and chatting with church staff directly.

I am not anxious to create a fertile ground for flame wars or doctrinal conflict, and will gladly accept advice on how to avoid that. My first inclination, which I hope to pursue here, is to make a general request for assistance and look for (I suppose equally) general recommendations which can help with further inquiry and research.

I expect that further details would be best in private communication. That would be fine by me.

In case it might help, I can provide a list of the couple-of-dozen congregations of which I am already aware in more than just name.

- Yishmeray

2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I live in the general area, and am willing to help if I can. I've sent you a message.