1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Churches could be forced to marry 'gays'

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jedi Knight, Mar 27, 2013.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Personally, I do not like comparing race to homosexuality. I think someone else brought that together on this thread.

2. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Just Watch...

Just watch and see how many of these sodomites try to bring some of these charges of discrimination, intolerance and bigotry against some of the Islamic groups. I doubt any of these sissies are brave enough to try that. Those Muslims won't just lay down and ignore them...and they won't try to "love" them into repentance. They'd pull out their loving Sharia law and chop their little heads right off their shoulders....or worse!
    That is one of the major differences between Biblical Christianity and the dark world of Islam. Our God...the only True God....would still desire to save them if they would turn from their sin....and He sent His Son to die for them and all of us to prove it. Allah would just have them hacked to bits! Religion of peace??? yeah....right! I know that was a bit off-topic...bt I just couldn't resist! The Sodomites better be glad we aren't Muslims!

Bro.Greg :saint:

3. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Is not our God a consuming fire ?

4. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

It's very easy to change that. Multiple ways from outright removing from the tax code, to eroding it away with "except when's" embedded in massive bills that have to be passed to know what's in them.

Unless God intervenes, a some point churches will be classified as any other public entity that handles money. May not happen within my lifetime. Look what's happened already with regards to Christian beliefs in ObamaCare. Look at the pressure that's being applied to the Boy Scouts and they are a private organization.

The topic of "churches" seems to be the focus in this conversaton. But, IMO, it goes far beyond that. Yes, churches can quit performing marriage ceremonies. Meaning that a pastor cannot stand before a couple within those walls. With the implication being that he can still do that in a private home.

However, what happens when a church loses it's special exemption and still pays a salary to a pastor? If a church cannot say no to a marriage that is against nature, can the pastor they pay also say no? Can a clerk in a drugstore refuse to sell anything health related based on religious principles?

Folks, Christian religious freedom is being phased out of this country. Last night we participated in communion at our church. Followed by an "open to the community meal" and more. How long will it be before we must also observe practices of other religions, as well? If we have a communion service must we also offer xyz pagan practice? In order to....

To retain our tax status?
    To keep our doors open to the public?
    To pay our pastor?
    To have health care coverage for church staff?
    To ... anything else the FEDERAL government uses to put its nose under the wall of the tent?

Edit: I had not read this when I wrote this post. Link is from another thread.
    http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/ju...-cannot-ban-same-sex-civil-union-ceremony-on/

Judge Rules Christian facility cannot ban same-sex civil union ceremony on its own premises

#44 Oldtimer, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013