1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Clarifying KJVO

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Jordan Kurecki, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An incomplete, inconsistent, unproven conclusion would not involve use of sound logic.

A KJV-only advocate would limit their unproven conclusion to only one English translation--the KJV.

A KJV-only advocate would assume his KJV-only conclusion to be true by the use of fallacies, instead of soundly proving his conclusion to be true.

The use of fallacies is not logical.

Because a KJV-only advocate may honestly and sincerely believe his own subjective, non-scriptural KJV-only reasoning does not make his claims true and does not mean that his claims could not be false.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They refuse to apply towards the Kjv itself the same "logic and reasoning" they use against all other translations...

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My short paragraph of five sentences was not a rant by any stretch of the imagination. It was purely factual.
    Then perhaps you are not entitled to speak about them.
    The most damaging words in post #109 are y1's very own words.

It's not a matter of his opinion or personal view. He is deliberately telling falsehoods repeatedly year after year.
    You are on a broken branch with your wackiness.

Gotta go for now. I will finish up dealing with your nonsense in a while.

4. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have to prove that what I have said about the NIV is 'utterly false' and that you have failed to do so far.
    The rest of your post is another rant and not worthy of reply.

5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bottom line is:

The KJVO myth is not found in Scripture by the least quark of the slightest implication. Therefore, it CANNOT be true. No man-made excuse is a substitute for SCRIPTURE.

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is really ironic to me is that just the same way Kjvo tend to see the Kjv is how he seems to view the Niv 2011, as in there are NO legitimate reasons to ever be concerned about it being deficit in some translation areas!

7. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It also assumes the KJVO is correct, period,and uses circular reasoning to arive there!

9. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The KJVO myth is simply NOT CORRECT, & no amount of man-made eye candy, flattery, or excuses will legitimize it.

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I respect their devotion to the Bible, but they fail to see that satan has used their most vocal holders to sow disunity among churches and bethren!

• Like Like x 1
  11. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    that's why I've said for many years that the KJVO myth was created by Satan & introduced to mankind by men that he'd deceived, with some being under his influence. (Remember, the current edition of KJVO was derived from a CULT OFFICIAL'S book by a couple of dishonest "Koppie-Katt" authors.)

Satan uses it to create strife & dissent among and within congregations, and to cast doubt upon God's word. I believe we all know he's succeeded in both aims with this myth. And I believe that this myth has hit the Baptist faith fairly-hard, as I believe the Baptist faith is more Bible-centered than any other denomination.

And the falsehood of the KJVO myth is easily-seen in the UNDENIABLE FACT that it doesn't have one word of SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT, in ANY legitimate Bible version in any language.

NO doctrine of faith/worship not found in Scripture is true! That's the bottom line!

12. Logos1560

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you suggesting that you are entitled to make negative comments about someone's else posts but that someone would not be entitled to do the same? Did you rant about someone else's post?

13. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, very unfortunate. Not to mention, They claim modern Bibles are of Satan. Calling the Word of God Satanic is pretty blasphemous, don't you think?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not sure what you're getting at. Anyone on the board is perfectly entitled to decide that any or all of my posts are rants and not to reply to part or all of them. :)

15. AV

AV Member

Yeshua,
    I believe the zeal is against secular scholarship crept into churches stealing the words of God from us in the form of 'textual criticism'. I think in some cases on the KJVOnly side there is more zeal than knowledge. I hope you would consider this issue from a presuppositional perspective:
    http://concealathing.blogspot.com/2017/04/kjv-impossibilityof-contrary.html

16. AV

AV Member

I was arguing that the KJV can more consistently function as final authority for English speaking peoples in accordance with principles of presuppositional apologetics. In what way do you think it was weak?
    Thanks

17. AV

AV Member

RobyCop3,
    How familiar are you with presuppositional apologetics?

18. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 5 AM Pacific.

19. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not at all.

However, the KJVO myth can't be found in Scripture at all, and is therefore false. Its MAN-MADE origin has been posted several times in other threads.

20. Logos1560

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you demonstrate that your stated belief is the truth?

Does a consistent application of your claim suggest that the actual textual criticism that lies behind the making of the KJV would steal the words of God?

Do you ignore the fact that the makers of the KJV used multiple, textually-varying sources in their textual-criticism decisions, Bible-revision decisions, and translation decisions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.