1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Classical Christian Homeschooling

Discussion in 'Homeschooling Forum' started by mjohnson7, Jul 14, 2007.

1. mjohnson7

mjohnson7 Member

Is anyone on the BB homeschooling in the classical way.....going through the Trivium (grammar, logic, rhetoric)? If so, what are your thoughts? What have you learned? Suggestions, comments?

My wife was homeschooled k-12 and I attended public schools. However we plan to homeschool our children (though we don't have any yet) and are very interested in the classical style.

Thanks for the input!

Matt

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

go to http://christianbooks.com and do a search on classical education and it's variants. There are a lot of excellent books (some not too expensive) that will also be helpful in making your decision.

3. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

It's mostly, from my limited point of view, Reformed Christians using the Classical Method. We use Bob Jones and are starting to incorporate some classical materials. I think there is merit and benefit in both.

4. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We have several friends who home school through elemetary or middle school. Then they move to our school, which provides a Reformed Christian education. Our school gladly welcomes home schooled students.

5. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

We'll be doing some logic and rhetoric this year. Looking forward to it. Found materials through CBD.com (see Bitsy's post above).

I taught at a Southern Baptist school some years back and the headmaster was considering some changes and following the Trivium.

If I were starting back at the beginning with my children, I would probably follow the Classical route as well.