1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Closed new patriarchy.

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by John Martel, Aug 27, 2019.

1. John Martel

John Martel New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Neither Brother Andrew or Watchman Nee could have ever dreamed of being able to afford any of the "big 6." Tuition is higher than ever and Church attendance and vocational job opportunities lower than ever. The Church in America is actually dumb enough to kill itself. Happy trails. Stop trying to run failing businesses and get on the street and try to save some souls. I have personally witnessed Howard Payne, South Western, Liberty, and DTS financially destroy earnest men of God before they ever crossed a stage or manned a pulpit with a degree to back them. No small church could pay them enough to cover their student loan debts. Almost all left the ministry for secular jobs to 'repay' their Christian education. One of them actually did work for Churches for a few years; Churches Fried Chicken. This is NOT right, especially whenever an affordable option is mentioned, silver spooned sons of modern Pharisees label them 'diploma mills.' Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't recall a single chracter in the entire Bible, good or bad, old or NT, holding a degree. SBC, you created this travesty. Is it really up to the Church of Christ to solve it? #NationsUniversity

#1 John Martel, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The term "diploma mill" was misused.