1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Colin Powell DID Advise Clinton to Use Private Server

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

As a matter of fact I do.:Biggrin

2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you accusing them of criminally handling classified material?

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

If Hillary Clinton can be accused of it and she did what they did, then yep, they to should be accusable.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zaac, that was about the stupidest thing you've ever posted, and you know it. As I said before, you're smarter than this. At this point, you're willfully ignoring the difference between classified and unclassified.

She didn't do what they did. Powell used his AOL account, for unclassified business. While your AOL email may be "private," it's on AOL's servers.

She had her own email server set up in her own house, and didn't distinguish between classified or unclassified business.

Your continued defense of Hillary on this subject is what keeps this alive--especially when it's so painfully obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You seem to be having a problem grasping the fact that she did not do what they did. She illegally transmitted classified information over a non-secure network. They didn't. Got it now?

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You seem to not grasp that I spoke about the conversation and not what they did. You're the one talking about what they did. Got that now?

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Um...YOU talked about what they did when you said:

8. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, when you said "she did what they did" you were not telling the truth?

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Are you accusing them of criminally handling classified material?

10. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

<jkdbuck76 gets popcorn>

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FBI already stated she handled classified information on her personal email server (not just a personal email account, like Powell; but a computer set up to specifically process and store her personal email).

So far, there's NO evidence that Powell handled classified infirmation through his personal AOL email account.

She can be criminally accused. There's nothing to criminally accuse Powell of.

Zaac continues to attempt misdirection.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I am accusing you of being deliberately deceptive.

But it is interesting that, if he did the same thing she did that constitutes a criminal act, you are admitting she committed a criminal act.

This just keeps getting better and better! LOL! :D:D

• Like Like x 1
  13. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The question isn't did Mr. Powell use a non-government email service. The question is "Did he transmit classified material through it?" So far from what I've read he didn't do the later. And that is the difference between the two.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also General Powell's server was AOL, which can be accessed with a court order or with his permission.

Clinton's server was their own, located in their own home, and to which her "IT" guy took a hammer and blow torch to destroy the evidence.

To say "she did what they did" is a blatent untruth.

Just read what General Powell said about the Clinton campaign trying to drag him into the issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You should be accusing yourself of being deliberately dense.

Yeah, you got a comprehension problem.
    If getting better and better means your comprehension keeps getting worse and worse, then you go with that.

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

THAT was NOT the question. That's what yall want the question to be. She clearly stated that she and Colin Powell had conversations about her using a private email server and why she should.

He said he didn't recall any such conversations.

I said that the email proves she was correct and that the conversations did take place.

17. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seriously, I don't think this is Zaac. The constant attempts to re-frame the discussion are a tactic of his; but he's usually more on-the-ball with his logic. Considering that he himself has reframed the discussion throughout this thread to several different points, including the classified information distinction, and each one has been successfully debunked, this is merely a tactic to attempt to "win" this discussion.

Colin Powell never said he didn't have the discussion; he denies knowledge of the conversation. The same as you or I saying, "I don't remember exactly what I said at a party in 2009." 7 years ago. He fully admits he sent her an email, a year after she was already using her personal email server, outlining how he used his personal AOL email account (not a personal email server) for unclassified information.

Subsequent reports have shown that some of the information Powell discussed in those emails has been retro-actively upgraded to classified. What does that mean? At the time he sent them, they were NOT classified, and he can't be found guilty of wrong-doing. Ms. Clinton, on the other hand, sent information that was clearly marked in original documents as classified, meaning she concocted the emails without adding the required classification from the original source.

It's really simple to add those classifications, by the way. You add (U) to identify unclassified; (FOUO) for "For Official Use Only"; (S) for Secret; (NOFORN) for "No Foreign"; etc.

The point of this thread was to show that Ms. Clinton's actions weren't that serious; that others did it, too. That has been fully debunked several times over. Although the originator of the thread has stated he's not voting for Ms. Clinton, he keeps defending her for reasons unknown.

• Winner Winner x 1