1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

College Football

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Sep 17, 2007.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

UT crushed

ND crushed and winless

Michigan 1-2

USC, LSU, OU and Florida all look strong.

Thoughts so far on season?

2. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

Upset of the week, Kentucky beating Louisville.

Don't forget WVU 3-0

GO MOUTAINEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. JustPassingThru

Site Supporter

Oh the agony for a Razorback fan such as myself. What looked to be a tremendous come-from-behind victory ... taken away by an equally valiant Alabama team.

Well, I've got to say it anyway.

Whoooooooooo pig! Sooey!
    (May our fortunes be better in coming weeks.)

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Alabama 3-0

What can I say??

Oh, I know.......

ROLLLL TIIIIDE!!

5. PastorSBC1303

I saw the highlights of this game, looked like a great one!

Oh, and don't forget Indiana Univ is 3-0 :thumbs:

6. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Personally, i was a little surprised by Auburn getting up ended at home by Miss. State.
    As an LSU fan, i'm looking forward to the coming weeks...geaux Tigers!

7. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That wasn't an upset to me or to many of the Wildcat fans. Even with a very tough schedule in the mighty SEC, we have a chance to have our best season in a very long time.

GO WILDCATS!!!!!!

8. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Auburn, Iowa, Michigan, and Tenn are down this year. Tenn is way too young. Auburn's run is being exposed. Michigan is...well, Michigan. The Big T(elev)en is what it is. Notre Dame is in a free fall. How's that extension to Weiss looking now?

UT was in the game until late in the 3rd and then it got out of hand. I'm not ready to write them off just yet. Way too early. Florida & LSU have answered their critics. What a game that's going to be, and it could very well be round one with round two to be played in the Georgia Dome for a right to go to the National Title game.

9. TomVols

TomVols New Member

A very good QB and a great Offensive mind in Randy Sanders. Kentucky is a pretty good team. It's awfully early though.

10. Alex Quackenbush

Alex Quackenbush New Member

I am not a Michigan fan but they will end the season with only 3 losses. LSU has an Achilles heal that the Gamecocks can take advantage of next week. LSU may win but look for a very close low scorer.

USC (Trojans) are for real. Ohio is good. ND is awful and will have an awful year with no bouncing back.

Florida's Tebow is good but and an exceptional freshman but...he will still have to mature and his best years start next year. But Florida is good and will have a very good season.

WVA will again be...almost was.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was an exceptional freshman last season. This season he is an exceptional sophomore.

12. rbell

rbell Active Member

Michigan, only 3 losses (only losing once more this year)?? I'd have to disagree.

So. Carolina would have to play out of their minds IMO to touch LSU.

13. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

UK's Andre Woodson and Louisville's Brohm look like the two best quarterbacks in college football right now. It was a classic battle between them Saturday night. Both did all they could to win. Both offenses performed. Louisville's defense is what did them in. Kentucky's defense was slightly better, and that was the difference.

TomVols is right, though. It's still early. But at least so far we UK fans have something to be excited about before basketball season arrives.

14. PastorSBC1303

Sure....

Now take off the Bluegrass glasses....

Kentucky, an unranked team, knocked off a top 10 team. Clearly that is an upset no matter who you root for.

15. PastorSBC1303

:eek: Did I really just read this correct....

Where is the Rockytop enthusiasm? You know the kind that now says that well hey thats ok we got em right where we want em, everyone else in the country is going to now lose 3 games and UT will run the table to a championship :laugh: :tonofbricks:

16. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Tom, I believe the Gators should have called off the dogs before they did. If Tim would have got hurt with the game in hand, we would have been upset down here. I don't know how good Tim is but it is just like in HS the players love him, they follow him. He was the Qb and a LB in HS, I might be wrong but it does not look like the UT players follow your Qb as much. I know last year while up in Knoxville, a lot of folks were saying he was all that well liked by the players, I don't know if that is true or not, you would know more about that than I.

17. Alex Quackenbush

Alex Quackenbush New Member

Oh I thought he red shirted. Thanks. Well he then will see his best years his junior and senior years.