1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Colorado School Teachers Get Trained to Carry Guns, Take Out ‘Active Shooters’

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, Jun 26, 2017.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WATCH: Colorado School Teachers Get Trained to Carry Guns

Colorado School Teachers Get Trained to Carry Guns, Take Out ‘Active Shooters’

Some Colorado teachers are undergoing training to carry guns at school and, amid the tensions of an attack, be enabled to take out “active shooters.”

Colorado law allows teachers to carry on campus as long as they undergo training which enables them to be designation

• Like Like x 1
  2. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am as pro gun as they come, but I still have mixed thoughts about teachers carrying. The screening process has to be strict. A person carrying a firearm who is unwilling to kill with that firearm, is an extreme liability. The psychological evaluators must make sure the teachers carrying can squeeze that trigger and end the life of a student they probably know quite well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reynolds - in theory, I understand what you're saying. However, in what scenario would someone who wouldn't pull the trigger volunteer to be a designated firearms carrier?

4. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have worked with a police officer who could not shoot when the time came. He got hurt badly and caused injury to others because of his inability to take a life. Had the perp. been able to figure out the officers level 3 holster, the situation would have turned exponentially worse.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm really upset about this.:Mad

Wondering why Texas is not on the cutting edge for arming and training teachers to defend themselves and their students.

A high five to Colorado.:Thumbsup

6. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oregon, 1950's boys and girls aged 8 and up were taught how to lock and load safely. This was in an urban environment. Curiously, in the 1960's, the 18 year olds(males) registered for the draft. Some went to Southeast Asia; some went to Canada.

Many folk are still having a Saturday night like Dec. 6, 1941.

Be sober and vigilant--the adversary is a roaring lion with teeth--seeking to devour.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

7. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is kind of odd that the weed smokers are ahead of TX on a conservative measure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the explanation.

If the police academy/training school didn't catch that, then I don't have high hopes that the training for teachers will.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't believe any amount of screening or training can determine if someone is willing to take that first life, even in self defense. Former military personnel who have been in that position and performed as trained might be a possible exception.

But even if one armed teacher does when another doesn't, it's better than none. Remember, they are not a substitute for law enforcement, but a stopgap measure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. elder_jeffery_endicott

any school that has an ROTC program, the ROTC instructors should be the armed teachers

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, but that's an over-generalization error. I spent 9 years in a military career field that required me to carry or be around weapons; and then I spent a few more years in a career field that, if you weren't deployed (and sometimes even if you were), you didn't see a weapon unless it was being carried by a security guy.

I've ran across military people that I have no doubt would perform admirably; and I've watched others who, when the siren sounded for incoming, were the first ones out the door and in the bunker--leaving the women and the injured behind.