1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

coming bank holiday?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by billwald, Feb 23, 2010.

1. targus

targus New Member

"(b) Electronic payments— (1) In general. A bank shall make funds received for deposit in an account by an electronic payment available for withdrawal not later than the business day after the banking day on which the bank received the electronic payment."

This whole thread is a non-issue.

2. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Same here. I have been with a federal credit union since 1974. There are no fees for anything I do--except for the cost of buying checks and a fee for bounced checks.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

If every bank had to operate under credit union rules there would be NO banking problem. Anyway, better to get screwed by friends and neighbors than by strangers.

4. targus

targus New Member

I'm still trying to figure out where you got this "bank holiday" scare from the OP.

5. billwald

billwald New Member

By definition. CITI is claiming the authority to declare a bank holiday on its customers.

6. targus

targus New Member

No, it is not.

The bank is complying with regulations that state that it is required to notify customers of a certain type of checking account that funds deposited may be held for seven days before allowing disbursement.

This seven day hold does not include deposits of cash or deposits made by electronic transfer.

This is a non-issue.

All banks have a hold period on funds deposited to allow time for the funds to clear.

Most banks don't want to allow you to draw funds from your account against checks that you have deposited but that have not cleared because the bank doesn't want to have given you the money for a check deposited that has the possibilty of being a bad check.

What is so hard to understand here?

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt there will be any massive bank runs or a bank holiday. Our currency will simply be massively devalued.

8. billwald

billwald New Member

KenH - I agree that is the logical tack for our owners to take. That way they can blame the Chinese, OPEC, whomever is handy.