1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Comments in GOP debate. Have fun!!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by canadyjd, Aug 23, 2023.

1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My comments so far.

1. Vivic got schooled on foreign policy by Nikki Haily. Her best moment, his worse. He is done, imo.

2. More negative comments toward Vivic than DT or DeSantis.

3. Pence looked strong and steady ….. and boring as usual.

4. DeSantis started (and continued) looking angry, very serious, and uncomfortable

5. Vivic looks like a rich guy having fun

6. Christy is doing much better than I expected.

7. No one else caught my attention.

Peace to you

#1 canadyjd, Aug 23, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2023
  2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My comments:

1. I despise listening to people bad mouth each other as their main agenda and not fully answer questions. :mad:

2. DeSantis was OK.

3. Vivic is OUT. He just rubbed me the wrong way. He had some one-liners that were quasi-potent, but he didn't seem to have right stuff to me.

4. Pence was surprisingly arrogant.

5. I liked Haily the best, but Republicans are not going to elect a female for President which is very sad to me.

6. Nothing else was memorable. Just a lot of talking points we've heard over and over and over.

3. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unless DT is disqualified from running, this is an exercise in futility as nobody at the debate will likely take the nomination in the primaries. (Which makes me sad).

4. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Haily did well. I’m not sure repubs would reject her because she is a woman.

Pence, I think, was insulted he wasn’t asked a question earlier. The moderators seem to ignore him. I was surprised at that and I have to say Brett Baer treated him disrespectfully throughout the night. Baer looked visibly annoyed when Pence went over his time and when Pence interjected himself while others were talking.

I believe Pence simply refused to be ignored and yes, at times he appeared to be rude/arrogant when speaking.

They ask everyone to comment on his actions on Jan6, and then started to move on without him commenting.

Overall, I was surprised by how good the debate was. We got into substantive issues, especially in the abortion issue.

peace to you

5. Piper

Piper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Vivek was a Red-bull fast talking Millenial, lets to say, but absolutely no experience in Foreign policy, like Nikki Haley said.

In my opinion, Vivek said a lot of good things, and I think he won in some circles. However, I think that in time, we will see Nikki Haley's depth and intelligence and strength and she will walk past Ron DeSantis as the forerunner. Beating the Don will be hard. There are just so many unthinking people in America who are so enamored with him.