1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Common Ground Coffee House #100!!!!

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

FoG, I gather you have a son with a medical problem.

But you type too small and I can't read it, even with the computer set to magnify this board!

Pretty please, could you type in a normal size font so I can enjoy your posts? :wavey:

2. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No Problem Gina. How's this?

Sean is my grandson, he is 6 months old and was born with SpinalBifida(open spine). He was paralyzed from the waist down at birth, but has since developed some movement in his legs.

He had surgery today to remove fluid that had built up on his brain. He came thru the surgery just fine. He should be in the hospital from 24 - 36 hours (if no problems develop).

He's been through a lot in the 6 months he's been here, he's also been held up in prayer many times because of his health problems.

Rob

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

That's much better, thank you!

Count on another person praying for your grandson, now that I know!

I watched a television show once where surgery was performed on an unborn baby with spina bifida, then the womb closed back up so the baby could develop more. That surgery is where that famous picture of the baby reaching its hand out and grasping the doctor's came from.

It sounds like his recovery time is rapid! That's really good! I have my daughter on this one website. You may want to add your grandson.

Here is my daughter's page: http://www.childrenofpromise.net/annal.html I really should update it since she's doing great lately!
    If you want to add him to the site, the info to do so is at the bottom of this page:
    http://childrenofpromise.net/addachild.html

4. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Good Morning Everyone!

Are your children dresses and ready to go to school? :D Mine are soooo excited that I didn't have to wake any of them. We are twenty minutes early!

Since we are, I've put on the coffee, heated water for tea and put out fresh homemade bread and the jams and jellies. The bread is compliments of T's mom, who makes it fresh every couple of days.

Ya'll have a good day while I do the rounds of the schools. I'm starting with Jenna's and going up. Gotta do the medicine drop and check on lunch money. Jenna's school has an electronic system so we can fill her account and not have to worry about it. They send home a note when the money gets low. I have to check it today because I don't know how much she had left from last year and Chris' leftover money was supposed to get transferred into her account.

I have still to get a hold of the person I needed to talk to yesterday, so I just might grab ahold of them while I'm out.

Ya'll have a good day!

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Wow! School starts early in Alabama! I have started with Brent because we home school, but the public schools don't start until after Labor Day.

Good morning all!

Thanks for the homemade bread, Cindi. We'll make short work of THAT. Coffee smells good too.

It is still coolish here today - low to mid 80's - and that's fine with me. It's 77º right now and we are expecting rain and thunderstorms this afternoon and evening.

Time for breakfast,
    §ue

6. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Morning Gang,
    I agree with Sue this is way too early to start back to school. Our schools start after Labor Day too.

The homemade bread smells great Cindi. I'll snag a piece with raspberry jam on it.

I'm going up to see Sean at the hospital today. We talked to his Mom a few minutes ago, and she said that he slept thru the night with no problems. They're going to run some more tests on him today.

Not much else going on here. Hot and humid today with highs in the high 80's. Oh well, that's August.

I'll check back in later.

Rob

7. menageriekeeper

I think it's too early start school as well, but no one asked me. Some schools started on Monday.

I've done the rounds. Been to all three schools, still haven't gotten ahold of the person I need to talk to. I felt kinda sorry for them today though. Those folks were busy! The one I wanted to talk to had new students lined up outside her door waiting to be enrolled! :eek: I told her I'd talk to her later. She's just the messenger and not the one I'm really angry with.

I should have grabbed the Superintendent when I had the chance today at the high school, but I decided to bide my time and start lower down on the food chain. See Tony, I have chilled! :D

Headed back to eat lunch with Jenna. Then I'll be off to karate. I'll probably collapse in front of the computer after that.

Glad you enjoyed the bread. I'm supposed to get some more this pm.

See ya!

8. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Guys,
    I just got back from visiting Sean in the hospital. He's doing fine, and might be able to come home late today.
    He looks cute with his little mohawk haircut. The doctors are all pleased with his progress.
    Sean will have to go back to the hospital periodically to have the fluid drawn off(if any forms again-hopefully it won't).
    Thanks again to everybody who's held Sean and the family up in prayer.
    If Sean comes home today I'll bring him in to the coffee house tomorrow. He wants to see his cyber aunts again.

Rob

9. menageriekeeper

Sean's cyber aunts want to see him too. And give him a squeeze!

I'm praying for his continued improvement.

I'm t i r e d !!!!

I may have to go take a nap!

10. preacher

preacher New Member

FOG...Glad Sean's doin fine!!
    Just wanted to let ya all know I'll be off line again. We are tryin to get caught up again & just have to drop some things for the time being.
    BH is pitchin a fit but it can't be helped rite now, espically with jerry home. I'll go to the library in town & check in when I can.
    HOpe everything keeps blessed for ya'll!!!!
    Preacher & BH!!

11. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

12. menageriekeeper

Hey Preacher, I'd been wondering where you were at! Good to know I don't have to worry. Ya'll take it easy and check in when you can. Tell BH she'll be back before she knows it!

Rob, I should have plenty of time to spoil that boy tomorrow. I've abused the poor folks at the kid's schools enough for one week. (I still haven't gotten ahold of the person I need to talk to....)

I'm turning in early tonight. I'll see ya'll tomorrow.

13. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Morning all!

got the coffee and tea going. They should be finished any time now.

Picked up some loaves of cinnamon bread from the local bakery and they are still hot. Whipped butter is on the counter to soften up.

Today is Friday! Hallejah! I call parents of my homeroom kids today. I've got to work on lesson plans. I'm going to lock my door and turn off the lights and sit in the corner behind a screen so everyone things I've gone home!

Catch y'all later.

bye sean -- have a good day with with papa

14. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all,

Thanks for the cinnamon bread, Bitsy. I slathered it with butter and it was delicious!

Another 'coolish' day here with possible thunderstorms and high humidity. Brent's sisters (8 & 10) are visiting from Wisconsin so I doubt that we'll do much of anything today but entertain and referee!

Off to make pancakes for my 'crew'. They should be getting up anytime now.

HAGD!
    §ue

[​IMG] Sean [​IMG]

15. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Morning Folks,

Yes, the "little indian"with the big smile in the mohawk haircut is Sean. He's been grinnin' and gurglin' ever since he got home.

He wants his cyber aunts. I'm not saying he's spoiled... he's just well loved(and he knows it too).

Not much going on today. I have to go into town to pickup some new meds, and then come home and cut the lawn.

I'll leave Sean here for awhile, so all his cyber aunts won't feel slighted. I'll pick him up when I get back home. Not sure if Sean will want to go with me though, I'm a poor substitute for all the hugs he's gonna get.

The cinnamon bread sounds great Bitsy, but tell me one thing... is it gluten-free or are you just showing us your will power by bringing it in and not having any?

#235 Friend of God, Aug 11, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2006
  16. menageriekeeper

My turn!

((((((SEAN))))))

Good Morning Everyone!

I"ve got my crew off to school. They all felt bad(two migraines and a mono child), so pray they are able to stay. Chris was quite aggravated that he still had a migraine this morning. He really enjoyed his day yesterday and wanted to go this morning. Being able to motivate himself to go even though he really didn't feel like it is a great improvement!

Cass was a little dissapointed to find out that not all of her classes were with her caliber of students. She didn't want to be with the "slackers" and thought that somehow the school had gotten her off the honors track. She felt better after talking to some of the other honors students and finding out that they were in the same boat! Some things everyone has to take to graduate.

I drove a different route today and managed to get everyone where they were going before the first bell rang. I think I'll stick with this one. Yesterday's route got me stuck at one of the school's for nearly twenty minutes and I still had to get Jenna to her school. :( She wasn't tardy, but she wasn't exactly on time either. The new route means she gets dropped off first though and has to sit for 20 minutes until school starts. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. I'll have to see how much complaining she does.

Well, I have a house to clean, so I better get started. See ya!

17. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm baaack!

WOW!!! I've never seen Sean smile like this. It's not hard to tell that his cyber aunts have been giving him hugs, and lots of lovin':love2:

Time to go Sean, your Mom is here to take you home. Wave goodbye to Aunt Bitsy, Aunt Cindi, Aunt Gayla, Aunt Gina, and Aunt Sue.:wavey:

I'll bring him back in again. I promise.

18. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Hi!!:wavey:

I made it through the Bone Scan with no claustrophobia, and no hot flash!!
    They did the full-body scan, then focused on my head and neck for about five minutes. (This time with the cameras on the side.)

Hope Sean comes for a visit tomorrow. I wanna get a good look at the mohawk!:thumbs:

19. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all,

Gayla: Glad to hear you made it through!

Rob: I want to see a 'mohawk' picture!

Cindi: Does the house seem too quiet in the daytime now?

It is 60º this morning with an expected high of 80º. Grandpa and Brent are going fishing. I'm sending chicken wings, bread and butter, watermelon, and diet pop in the picnic 'basket' for them.

I'm glad I don't have to depend on their 'catch' for my supper. :laugh:

HAGD everyone!
    §ue

20. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Morning all!

Gayla! great news about getting through the bone scan. I don't even want the dentist in my face!

This morning I woke up in panic. I am teaching Math Team as a course this year and realized that I don't have a syllabus for it and in two days I've got open house. So I guess my morning is planned :D

I've got a twitchy eye this morning. It's got like a little bitty cramp in it and watering up a storm. Surely this is allergies. I look like I'm crying :tongue3:

Have a great day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.