1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Common Ground Coffee House #116

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by I Am Blessed 24, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Annsni, how are you feeling today? I do hope you are feeling a whole lot better.

Leo is making a good recovery thank you.It is a wonderful answer to prayer! He is still on meds and is just starting to eat again. We are hoping to get some sleep tonight. He
    wanted so much cuddling I am behind with some chores but I am trying to get a fresh batch of apple butter made tonight so Rob can enjoy some for his birthday breakfast tomorrow :)

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm doing well but tired now. I had a full day of work/homeschool group/church stuff (meaning running all over the building to meet with people and deal with stuff) so now I'm tired. I'm resting a bit now and then hubby and I are going out to dinner in a couple of hours. :) That should be nice. I have no pain - just feeling achy. It throbs and feels "full" - probably just from swelling.

I'm so glad that Leo is doing better!! What wonderful news!

3. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

An old home remedy for toothache...worth a shot until you get to a dentist is get a clove bud and bight down on it.....if nothing else the astounding flavour should take your mind off the pain for a bit:thumbs:

4. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

I just watched a u tube clip from Texas about the blind lady who is a quilter. I was so impressed!!! Obviously a Christian to boot.:godisgood:

5. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

My mother is arriving from boringly stable Brisbane Queensland to visit moi, I have emailed her to pack her running shoes (she is almost 80) as the nearbyish volcano may erupt shortly.

I may live in a rural backwater at the end of the world....but it sure aint boring!!!!:wavey::laugh:

6. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Have you survived the end of the calender as written by an extinct civilisation?

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

No. I've been sucked into an alternative world, which is oddly identical to the one I've resided in until the end came and ended it all. It's horrible. SAVE ME!

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I didn't bother doing the dishes last night. Don't you know they are sitting here waiting for me???? That stinks!

9. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

I wish you all a Happy New Year as I will be celebrating it a lot earlier than most folk on the BB.

I will be in church at 2300hrs to give thanks to the good Lord for graces received and to pray for a happy and holy 2013.

10. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Everyone must be busy!!! It is a glorious summer here in the antipodes, clear blue skies, sunshine galore.

I have hosted a young man who came up from Dunedin (outer suburb of the Antarctica) who is a keen piper and attended the Caledonian Shindig...He wins regularly for his tootling....a good bagpiper is very pleasant to hear.

I have been closely watching Queensland accept another deluge of flooding waters, which has been particularly trying for the cuzzies around Bundaberg and the hinterland. The capital, Brisbane has had power outages which is tiresome particularly as the torrential rain just sends the humidity into the realms of zany.

The waters will move on down to NSW and quench that state which has been ablaze with bush fire. Australia is having it's 7 years of good rain, resulting in excellent pasturage, which in turns makes for a fine summer blaze.:laugh:

Hope you folks re having ordinary weather for the time of year.

Off on an adventure tomorrow with 4 kids onto a military training area and therefore usually out of bounds to the common herd, but hopefully we will see some wild horses and exotic flora and fabulous views.

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I always forget about this thread!!

I was wondering if you were near any of the flooding. Another person I know online is in the midst of it and is now on day 6 of no power although they choppered in workers and she thinks they may get power today. The road to their town is gone so she figures it may be months before they can get in!! Scary stuff!!

Not much going on around here other than the normal. We've once again had very little snow which has me sad. I want snow!!! Today is supposed to be near 60 degrees so I don't think we're going to get much right now. :) The weekend is supposed to be colder again though.

12. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Good to hear of you Ann.....my folks are well acquainted with the ups and downs of Qld weather, so they go with the flow (no pun intended):laugh:

13. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Trust all the good folks in the NE part of the USA are battened down for stormy weather......never been there, never met anyone from there in the flesh.....but on the BB I have met some folks who will be in my prayers for keeping family and home safe....

from the summery side of the planet.

14. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Happy Easter to everyone!!! Had a beautiful day with church and friends. Hope you did too!:wavey:

15. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Wow, this has been forever! Poor thread. What's everyone been up to?

We didn't die in the tornadoes. That was nice.

My first born - boxes, packed...it's a tough reality when the first one you gave birth to flies the nest! It didn't hit me until I was walking by and saw her empty shelf and stopped cold. She looked and said "Mom! No, don't make that face!" Can't help it...my baby! But she's a smart kid with strong wings, so cheers to a successful flight that I pray will be as smooth as possible.

Today I'm just trying to tame my hair, which decided to go poof. That's about the excitement for today in my world. I gave up and tied it into a ponytail. LIFE ALTERING! Okay, it's not. :laugh:

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm melting. It's 100 degrees outside and I was dumb enough to run this morning (it was just 90 at that time). Then I came home, showered, relaxed a little, packed my son for camp (mostly - still have a few more things to do) and then went to bring my daughter (she's 10) to girls' discipleship. While she was there, I was going to go horseback riding. BWAHAHAHAHAHA! How stupid am I?? Instead I let the horses graze then hosed them off and came home to rest for a bit. I've picked up my daughter and need to back over there in a bit to put the horses in. It's just too stinking hot!!!

We are supposed to have something grilled for dinner but hubby may not be up for that at this point!

17. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

So what ended up being for dinner yesterday, annsi?

Today's excitement is vacuuming and giving Doggie a bath. We're sitting for a friend's pug soon, so that should keep her entertained for a while. Us too, lol. The one we're sitting for is older, but much more active, loves to jump on furniture, which we do not allow, and when I asked about a crate to sleep in, was told he snuggled in bed with someone every night. Yikes! So one of my daughters gets a new friend at night. HA! No doggies in my bed...I'm allergic, which doesn't explain why we have an indoor, allergen machine furball in the first place, now does it?!

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Shrimp and pineapple kabobs with curry rice. It was HOT but I had to use up that pineapple! LOL

We're still battling with dinner tonight. I was at work all day and have no desire to even think about dinner! I'd be good with pancakes. :D

19. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Glad, to see you did not get carried off by a twister Ann. It is easy to forget how hot it gets elsewhere when I have been romping in the snow with some kiddies.

Having SCARY earthquakes here....the capital has been shooken up, although the epicentre is in the Cooks Strait....the bit that divides the South Island from the North. I am pleased I am not in Wellington.

My house shook and creaked, the cat was off up into the Domain (a public green space), and I tottered up to church for Benediction and the rosary. Apparently the statues (yes we have LOTS) wobbled alarmingly, although I missed seeing that.

When in Australia, at least you know where you are with snakes and crocodiles and the lethal flora, but the ground is SNEAKY. I am still quite nervy>:wavey:

20. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

When in south Louisiana----you know where you are with snakes(Water Moccasins) & alligators (kissin' cousin to your crocs!!):type::wavey::wavey:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.