1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #32

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Gib

Gib Active Member

I stuck at work with no end in sight. I could sleep here. We have food, drinks, bathroom and free cable.

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Hey Gib!

Are you stuck because of all the work or the bad weather?

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Diane said somethin' to the effect--"I'm ready for all this to level out!!!!!!"(give or take a few exclaimation marks in the quote)

To which Doctor Blackbird replies:

It ain't gonna level out!!! Us Dentists stick together!!! Its our way of gettin' repeat customers!!!! See, its all about gettin' you guys in to the waitin' room and havin' ya'll listenin' to all that "Dentist Office" music over the intercom---mixed and mingled with sublinial messages and the receptionist "barkin' out" ya'lls name when we're ready for ya'll!!!

Blackbird is surprised that ladies of such caliber and intellegence on this board---haven't "caught on" to our little gimmics!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

PS---Doctor Blackbird's office is still the old fashioned one!!! (1)"Weekly Reader"'s for the kids(and Tootsie Roll pops on their way out of the office---keeps up the percentages of repeat customers which is good for Blackbird's pocketbook!!!)

(2) Woman's Day and Better Housekeeping for the women

(3) Sports Afield and Mississippi Outdoors for the men

(4) A color tv set for those hooked on Bob Barker and his "Beauties" on "The Price is Right"

Soooooooo---when MY patience asks me, "Doc! When is all this gonna level out??" Blackbird does a quick calculation of (1) how close is it to Christmas and (2) how many more payments does he have left on that Skeeter Bass Boat!!! To which he just "shruggs" his shoulders at his patients!!!! [​IMG]

But Blackbird is still a :cool: [​IMG]

4. Gib

Gib Active Member

Work, then I came out to go home and it was raining badly.

5. I Am Blessed 24

Blackbird.......you are a nut! A loveable nut, but a nut all the same! [​IMG]

6. I Am Blessed 24

So Gib......did you get home or are you still stuck at work???

7. I Am Blessed 24

Please join us in COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #33.

PLEASE DO NOT DELETE

Thanks!

§ue