1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #60!!!

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Sep 25, 2004.

1. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Do you deliver your papers in a "Convertable?"---if so, put the top on during the rain!! Those things will "convert" in the rain, you know!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Blackbird is a :cool: [​IMG] ---keep tellin' yourselves---Member of the Year voters!!!

2. Gib

Gib Active Member

As Blackbirds unofficial campaign manager, I hereby approve this post.

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Its official!!!!! Gib is Blackbird! Blackbird is Gib!

4. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

If Blackbird is a :cool: [​IMG] ...

What kind of [​IMG] is Gib?

(birds of a feather flock together) [​IMG]

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Only Blackbird can tell you what kind of [​IMG] Gib is---and only Gib can interpret Blackbird's interpretations of Gib's interpretations---how about Gib and Blackbird for Co-Presidents of the United States! Granted--we won't work for "Chump Change"---but we could at least push our weight around Congress!!!

6. I Am Blessed 24

Off to the corner...

TTFN!
    [​IMG]
    §ue

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Hey y'all... I meant to drop by this morning but had errands to run and Nick went back to the dentist to have a tiny spot that was trying to decay scraped out and sealants put on all his molars. Jim took Nick and I ran the errands with Ty.

I'm feeling even better today and this is not even half way through my meds. No pain today except for a backache and sore hip muscles from hauling around 30 pound kids, lifting them over baby gates and into and out of floor level portacribs and climbing over the babygate myself. I fell asleep using the heating pad, rolled over on it and burned my leg in a small spot. No blister but just a tender red spot.

AWANA went well tonight even tho I had only one teen as a listener/ helper. All my teachers showed up! We did have one three year old decide to use the wall as his urinal. :eek: We have toddler bathrooms in every room. Go figure.

Diane

8. I Am Blessed 24

Shawna is having surgery at 5:00 a.m. in the morning. Please keep her in prayer.

Brent wanted to take the money he earned on the paper route and buy her flowers. I suggested he make her some and they would be her 'favorites'.

Here is the result of pipe cleaners, colored Kleenex, and a small tin that we found for $1.00. I think he did pretty good! (with a little help) [​IMG]

The little card on top says,

"Made by Brent
    A Special Bouquet
    Made for YOU!"

[​IMG]

CLICK TO ENLARGE

Pleasant dreams all!
    §ue

[ October 13, 2004, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: I Am Blessed 16 ]

9. Gib

Gib Active Member

Anyone seen grannygumbo?

10. I Am Blessed 24

Gib:

She gave her computer to her son-in-law, who is also her Pastor, as his computer went 'kaput'.

We keep in touch via snail mail. She sends her love to everyone.

11. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

HI everyone, My aunt Peggy died last night after having some heart surgery. The funeral is tomorrow at 2:00 in Atlanta so I cannot go. I was trying to at least get by and see the family tonight but with all the relatives coming in and rushing the funeral.... I think it would have been imposing. Also, I'd have to go NOW since the children are gone.

Hope everyone is having a nice day. My mother is coming in tomorrow afternoon after the funeral for a day or few. She never knows. She won't do well with all the kids but Monday is an easy day.

Have a nice Friday!
    Diane

12. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Sounds like Gib's sister, Cheryl and his wife, Cheryl!! They don't do well with all the kat---I mean, kids---but Monday is an easy day!!

Ain't that right, Gib???

13. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Howdy all. Sounds like everyone is staying pretty busy. Diane, I am sorry to hear of the loss in your family.

Our family has grown by a few members. A guppy had 15 babies (and then she died :( )so they are in the breeding net and doing fine so far. The whole last batch died. Then my husband surprised the girls and me yesterday by getting us a new cockatiel. I have raised birds in the past and have wanted one for a while, but he really didnt want another animal added to our zoo. I dont know what got into him - well, yes I do. A teenager at church told my 3 year old to smile real sweet and use her eyes to tell her Daddy that she really really wanted a bird. The 3 year old told us about it and it was really cute. But the bird's name (after much family discussion) is as follows: Sierra Thibodaux Cinderella McMillan. She is still young, so we dont know that she is really a she. But she is soo sweet and precious. Just thought I'd share!

14. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all:

I had a 'terrible' night. I had a nightmare concerning Brent and I couldn't get back to sleep, so I have been awake since midnight and up since 3:00!

Diane: I am sorry about the loss in your family and I hope you can have a pleasant visit with your mother.

Tater: I am happy to hear about the additions to your family. I certainly hope you don't plan on training your bird to spell her name. [​IMG]

It is a chilly, rainy 45º here this morning. This is the fourth day, in a row, it has rained.

Brent and I will deliver Shawna's 'bouquet' to her this morning. She was too groggy to visit with all day yesterday. She was in surgery three hours and the surgeon accidentally 'nicked' her bladder (she will now have to wear a catheter for a week), but she should be fine after six-weeks recoup time.

Thank you all for your prayers,
    §ue

15. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Tell Shawna Hello and we are praying for her!

Your buddy,
    Blackbird

16. I Am Blessed 24

I sure will Blackbird and THANK YOU!

17. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I took a load of Senior Adults to the State Fair up in Jackson---my boy tagged along with me---the Seniors wanted to go to the arena area to listen to some sort of Lawrence Welk music being performed----my boy and I hit the Midway!! Rode the Bumper cars once apiece---bought a funnel cake and a coke and a few other things---then ran out of money!

Eats??? Have MERCY!!! Everywhere you looked!! The #1 HOT item was the grilled corn on the cob---you had an option of having it dipped in butter or just take it plain! There was a line a mile long---every where they were selling those grilled corn on the cobs!

Turkey legs were another HOT item! Grilled!

Funnel cakes!

Boiled peanuts!

Italian sausages!

Pizza!

You get a belly full of those Italian sausages---then get on the "Texas Tornado!!!"----and see what happens!!!

Your Southern Baptist preachin', Italian Sausage eatin' buddy,
    Blackbird

18. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

yum. Sounds so good! We are having a festival here in our small town tomorrow, and we are excited about the good food, too! We always have the roasted corn, sausages, funnel cakes, etc, and our church will have a jumbalaya booth. Best in the world!!

19. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Goodness Gracious Sue! I'm sorry about that mishap in surgery but know the Lord's hand is on Shawna and all things work together for good according to HIS purpose!

Mother's not coming. She's also not going to the funeral. It's about an hour from her cabin but she got up with a bad sore throat and aching all over. She wasn't very excited about my keeping children and she hates that I have a cat... I haven't seen her now since June a year ago. She's a very busy woman for 72 but not with family. :(

I have Lindsey here today. She has Fifth's Disease so I offered to keep her all day and school her. Her little sister had it a few weeks ago so Nick was already exposed once and nothing... plus other than the slapped cheek look, there's no real illness. Lindsey's also 4th grade.

Whoops... kids need my help! TTYL

Proverbs 12:25 "Anxiety in the heart of a man weighs it down, but a good word makes it glad."

1 Peter 5:7 "Casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you."

Nehemiah 8:11 "So the Levites calmed all the people, saying, "Be still, for the day is holy; do not be grieved."

20. I Am Blessed 24

We are finished with our school work now and are going to the hospital to deliver Brent's 'bouquet'.

We then have to run to Aldi's (having Cabbage Dump tonight and no cabbage!)

CYAL! HAGD!
    §ue