1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #60!!!

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Sep 25, 2004.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy Howdy. Am at home this morning, while the bride went to church. Yes, she took our monthly check . . .

Had a really bad night. Pain and no sleep. Am doing extra therapy now and holding my "own" service. May listen to a tape of Pastor Bob that I received this week!

Am out preaching the next three Sundays, so glad this hit me THIS week and not next! Appreciate any prayers.

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Pastor Rick preached a very good sermon today and seemed like he felt right at home. His wife is so nice and just so friendly. They were going all over the sanctuary shaking hands and learning names.

Nick had a run in with an intoxicated neighbor today. He had saved his allowance and bought a Daisy BB gun. He had a target set up in our backyard, shooting across our good sized yard and with the nearest neighbor behind his back. The fella began screaming from inside his house 'I'm going to tell on you', etc. Nick isn't allowed to shoot at any animals or birds, only his target.... Jim called the Sheriff and the Corporel called back saying if they shouted again, he'd send a couple guys over to get onto the guy for scaring a kid. We have no rules about bb guns other than not shooting people, houses, etc... and Nick had on eye protection, wasn't doing anything wrong. Jim sat outside with him for a while so he could shoot. Poor kid was traumatized! He'd made a target from a large cardboard box on a target stand, closed up, with a taped on target.

Diane

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

My oldest is Nick's age and had a drunk who was for some reason sitting on the steps outside our door scream at her to try to scare her as she walked by last year.
    I expected her to run or cry, instead she whipped her bookbag off and swung it right at his face. She was MAD! Then again, I was at the top of the stairs and she knew I'd be there in a flash.
    Now, if he'd told her her hair looked messy or her clothes didn't match, she'd have been traumatized too and probably ran back up the stairs crying. [​IMG]
    Gina

4. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Dr.B. Sorry to hear about your sleepless night. I will pray that you get to feeling better real soon.

I will get to hear Pastor Bob preach in person this Sunday night (Oct. 10th)! He is coming up for the Youth Conference (Friday) where he will be doing some skits and will be preaching the regular church service Sunday night.

Diane: We are not allowed to shoot BB guns, pellet guns, or ANY type of gun inside the city limits. But since there is not a law like that in GA and Nick was in his back yard, I don't see why the guy went ballistic!

Sundays are busy days for us (especially now that we have the paper routes). Brent and I are tuckered out.

Brent was proud of the new tie he wore to church today (and also of his teeth that he had cleaned last week!) :D

[​IMG]

CLICK TO ENLARGE

[​IMG]
    CLICK TO ENLARGE

Bedtime for us!

Pleasant dreams all!
    §ue [​IMG]

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

We don't live in the City, Sue! We live in the county and about 2 miles from the city plus we have an acre of land. No matter.... no drunk needs to terrify such a sweet child. All he had to do was walk to our fenced in back yard and voice his concerns (whatever they were) and Nick would have gotten his Dad.

Gina, we've taught all our children that there is NEVER an excuse for hitting someone. Nick's never been yelled at either so it really frightened him but PTL, he came right for his Dad. Jim went to the back of our yard and called out for the man to come out if he'd like to speak to him... No answer.

Did you know in Kennesaw, Ga. you MUST own a gun unless you're a felon or mentally impaired.

GREAT pictures of Brent. What a good looking boy!

Nick gets his teeth cleaned this Wednesday and NOW he's worried about cavities... Had to tie him to the bathroom every night to force him to brush for 2 minutes and now he's brushing 4 times a day. LOL

Diane

6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I take it you're one of the people on this board who don't believe in any type of violence, even in self defense. I somewhat remember a conversation on it in general discussions that went around for a while, but don't remember who all was involved.
    If you remember what it was let me know, I'd be interested in reading it over again! I remember being somewhat suprised at the time I read it, as I'd never met anyone who believed it wasn't EVER biblical to defend one's self, even to the point where you shouldn't defend yourself against invading armies but rather let them and live under their rule , and there were one or two of them on that thread.
    Gina

7. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Whew! We had a very busy day. It was a good one, though I am glad its over. By the time we got home from eating, it was almost time for the lessons I teach on Sunday (just 2) and then we had a committee meeting that ran into Discipleship time. Then church, then trio practice - we are singing at a revival tomorrow night. Then home to left over tacos (3rd time this week, but we just havent gotten our fill yet!) Now the kids will be going to bed soon, and I'll have my nightly cup of decaf coffee and read to unwind. Ahhhhh....

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm with you, Gina. Ain't no Quaker.

But will start a thread on it in the THEOLOGY forum so it will be based on interpreting the Bible for us today.

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Busy here too! Nick has a class on Sunday at 5:00 til 6:00 and it seems like there's not that much free time on Sunday afternoons for relaxing!

That'll be an interesting thread Dr. Bob. All my kids and hubby have been in the military and we certainly believe in defending our faith and our country but we do not teach our children that it's okay to strike others and certainly not for words. I think that's why we have so many women being abused in marriages because parents hit their children over minute things or allow brothers and sisters to physically fight.

Galatians 6:7-9 "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh shall from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit shall from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary."

And with that.... a good night!

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive.

Diane

10. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all:

I stayed up until midnight! Oh well, at least I slept until 6 this morning. No time for naps during the week either. :(

It is 48º this morning, gonna be down to 28º tonight! I am getting my 'winter' clothes out and going through them today to see what fits and giving away the rest. I will keep one or two 'summer' outfits out, but packing the rest away.

I bought a 'bag' of overripe bananas for $1.00 Saturday - I will be making banana bread today! Pork steak, fried potatoes/onions, applesauce, and a veggie for supper tonight.

CYAL!
    §ue

11. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Sue!!! You ARE a Cajun, ain't ya???!!!!

12. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Morning all! I didn't get as much sleep as I'd like. Fell asleep about 11:15 and up at 5:30. Ty got here at almost 6:00 and I then dozed on and off til 7:30. No naps for me either this week Sue. There's no public school so I have the kids extra hours. The brother and sister will be here by 1:30 and there's no pleasing them. They stay til 6 or 7. I never know which. The two sisters won't come until tomorrow or Wednesday but they'll be all day each day. Lindsey had her tonsils out on Friday. She did fine. Little Jack will be here for us to keep from Wed. morning until Sat. afternoon. His mom and dad will stay over in Atlanta for Catalyst with John Maxwell.

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Acts 11:23-24 "Then when he had come and witnessed the grace of God, he rejoiced and began to encourage them all with resolute heart to remain true to the Lord; for he was a good man, and full of the Holy Spirit and of faith. And considerable numbers were brought to the Lord."

Diane

[ October 04, 2004, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: dianetavegia ]

13. I Am Blessed 24

I'm a Yankee! But I think I may have gotten transplanted somewhere along the line... [​IMG]

14. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Sue - you can't be a Yankee - as I recall you're a Cubs Fan!

As of Saturday evening - when I left work for home - I had worked 56 hour regular time and 63 hours over time!

Dan - been quiet lately!

15. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Gracious Dan! That'll be some paycheck! Can't do that everyweek tho, my friend!

Well I've swapped out my summer and winter clothes and took those I didn't wear last year to the consignment shop. I didn't go through my closet but most of my church clothes are newer and the right sizes. I've made a whopping $7.00 so far and had her keep it so maybe I'll have enough to buy Jim something for Christmas.

Ty just went down for his nap. The neighbor boy and Nick are playing in the back yard and it's less than one hour before the brother and sister come. Any job I can do has to be a quiet job... so think I'll go sweep and mop the kitchen and the two landings.

What a gorgeous day it is here in Georgia!
    Diane

16. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gorgeous day here too! Sun is shining, and out my office window I can see the LOVE Park fountain, a brilliant neon pink.

They've taken to putting color in the water on certain occaisions. Right now it's pink for breast cancer awareness month. In the past it's been Eagles green, Flyers orange, and either red or blue for the 4th of July. Looks lovely until the sunlight helps the algae grow - and then the color gets darker and greener - yuk! - and then they have to drain it, clean it, and start all over again.

17. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I love this time of year, Debby! The breeze is cool and the air is quite crisp. I love the cool nights! We sleep with the windows open and quilts on the beds. Good for snuggling. ;)

Wal-Mart has the cutest little pumpkins. I was thinking of letting the children carve some this week. I know a lot of parents can't tolerate the mess and they probably would love it if the mess was made HERE. Of course, they won't last long once they're carved.

Anyone ever used a skill saw to carve pumpkins?

Diane

18. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gorgeous day in Wyoming (as usual). 65F and bright blue contrasting with the fall foliage . . [​IMG]

Had another bad night. Slept toward morning and wife let me just sleep in. Then went to the tech across town to get CPAP adjusted. Think that might be a problem. Must pick up the unit by 5 pm or try to go the night without it. NOT!

Plus we put blankets on the bed for fall, and the weight is causing severe foot pain which wakes me out of sleep.

Trust all will have a good day. [​IMG]

19. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Dr. Bob, May I suggest you have someone make you a tent type frame for the foot of your bed to keep the blankets off your feet. I had to keep any pressure off my leg after the dog mauled me. Even a sheet would cause extreme pain.

We sure will pray that tonight is much better.

Well tomorrow will be the brother and sister, Ty and Nick again. Oh.. and the neighbor's son. The girls won't be back until Wednesday at 8 a.m. and that's when our 21 mo. old grandson will be dropped off, for the rest of the week. Jim's gotten Thursday off because that's the day I have the most kids for the longest amount of time. Oh I hope I can sneak some sleep in sometime! Jack, our grandson, still uses a pacifier and cries during the night when it falls out of his mouth. Ty comes at 5:30 a.m. I'm going to be sleeping like Sue the rest of this week! YIKES!!!!

Diane

20. I Am Blessed 24

I hope not Diane! Sue hasn't been sleeping well at all after stopping HRT!!!

Dr. B.: Just put a board (about two feet high) at the bottom of your bed to keep the sheets off your feet. That's what we did for my mother (she had lost her toes due to Diabetes).

Good morning all:

Another short night. I went to bed at 9:00, but woke up about six times with night sweats, finally gave it up and got up at 4:00...

It is a crisp 32º here this morning heading for a high of 65º. Not ready for winter yet!!!!

Dale went to Springfield last night and picked up six sheets of 'used' paneling (in good shape) FREE via FreeCycle.org. That will be used to finish the outside walls of the bedroom we built in the basement for Bobby.

Today is Brent's first day of home school using A.C.E. Paces. He is so excited! I love it when a child can't wait to do school work!

My car is going to the garage this morning. The engine fan stopped working which caused a leak in the radiator hose or something and I was losing all my antifreeze. I am praying the repair bill will not be high...

Off to check other forums,
    §ue