1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #69

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jan 29, 2005.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

We do that too, Allie. You can even fill a whole window pane for a stained glass effect.

You know those CD's that AOL and everyone gives for free? We make crafts out of those.

Check out this site for some fun craft ideas. :)http://www.makingfriends.com/valentine.htm

2. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, for our "Olympic" VBS last year, many of the kids made "medals" from those CDs by decorating the pretty side with stickers and such, and taping a paperclip on the back for a hanging loop.

Speaking of VBS - daughter and I went to our bookstore's annual VBS fair on Saturday. Many of the publishers were there to present their materials. We took three starter kits out on loan, and have two weeks to make our decision. All three we took have to do with African Safari. So we just have to decide who's "taking" us there - Gospel Light, CPH, or Group. I think I will end up ordering some decorating and craft items from all three, no matter who we go with for the lessons.

Anybody else out there thinking of VBS yet? Yes, I know Easter comes first - I'm meeting with the pastor tonight about that. Choir program or full-fledged drama? Tough choice.

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Certainly! I've already chosen my 'co-teacher' for the 4 year old class. We'll do the LifeWay Ramblin' Road Trip USA.

I need MAPS! Lots of old maps. Torn is okay.

4. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe Chipsgirl can help.

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Hey! I didn't think of that but I think she does research online.

6. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

What kinds of maps do you need Diane? A good place to get old maps is from a used bookstore. Also, if you are a member of AAA you can get some free ones.
    I'm curious to know what your lesson is? Sounds like my kind of thing!

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I want to decorate the walls with maps and I've got a BIG room to decorate!
    http://www.lifeway.com/yourvbs/default.aspx

Ramblin' Road Trip
    Pack your bags and get ready to cruise “Route 254” with LifeWay’s Ramblin’
    Road Trip: Which Way Do I Go?™ VBS. As ramblers (a.k.a. kids) cruise along
    “Route 254”, better known as Psalm 25:4, kids will see natural wonders, big cities, theme parks, and more as they discover the choices they make daily affect their entire journey. By choosing God as their guide, they are sure to arrive at the ultimate destination—a relationship with Jesus

8. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Sounds like I'm not the only one with a busy day today!

Went to work on the corner, came home and fixed Brent bacon, eggs, and waffles for breakfast, washed the dishes, got together three paper bags full of 'extra' kitchen items I no longer needed, or had doubles of, and advertised them on FreeCycle.

We are just about done with home schooling for today. We are taking a Pace test in Science (dinosaurs).

Someone is coming in a few minutes to pick up the kitchen items from FreeCycle already!

I have to show a house at 1:00, then drop my car off to have the fender replaced (from my wreck) and pick up a rental car, which I will drive until my car is done next week.

By then, it will be time to pick up the papers, get them delivered, and go back to the corner.

Then all I have to do is come home, fix supper, and do the dishes again!!!

Phew! I'm tired already...

9. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

Goodness Sue, put your feet up for awhile!

Diane, that sounds really fun. We are going to have Bible camp at my church this summer. That would be a fun activity.

10. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

After looking more into it, I would love to do the Ramblin Road Trip!!!!

11. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Allie, our church 'recycles' our VBS items by taking them into NYC and doing BackYard Bible Studies in the poorer areas.

You may find a big church in your area who will give you their leftover items. I have the video, music and director's guides from Amazon Outfitters. That was a LOT of fun. I bought it all myself so..... if anyone wants it.... I'll gladly mail it out. You can 'view it' off the same website.

12. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

I'll talk to my boyfriends Dad. The church he's the pastor of is huge. I bet they have some stuff stored away.

13. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

We take our S/S literature to a small black church in town each quarter. There's no sense to waste books just because they've been read before. Lifeway encourages it and even gives away VBS material to churches with hardship.

14. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

We have a really hard time but we don't let that stop us!

15. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Whew........ Jack's mom just left with him and Ty has been asleep for about 15 mins. I leave to pick up the other kids in 1 hour 40 mins. so I'll have a FEW minutes of quiet and checking Nick's school work. Today was some cute type pages tho and a neat story about a cat.

16. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Just taking a break for a minute.

Our church recycles our VBS stuff to other churches as well. One year the first church in line was waiting on us before we were through the last day. :eek:

I'm teaching second grade this year, even though we usually teach third. Still teaching with the lady I teach SS with. We already have some ideas but are waiting on room assignments before we really get going.

Sue, just hearing your schedule makes me tired.

Diane, our pest control guy uses a spray that has been approved for use with ashtmatics and allergy sufferers. He also comes during the day while the kids are in school so I can air our the house before they come home. Every once in a while he'll spray the stronger stinky stuff, but he does that on days when we are going to be out for the afternoon. If Son is home with a migraine, I don't let him spray. I've messed with my schedule so much I don't know how he keeps up with me, but I do what I have to do. I don't mind paying for a month when he can't actually spray. The company minds that much more than I do.

Allright, breaktime is over, back to work for me....

17. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

I've been taking work breaks all day. I love these slow days.

18. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

What pest control service do you use?

I don't like sitting around so Tuesday and Thursday are hard on me. If I choose to sit, that's one thing, but having to be within arms reach of this 2 year old constantly for 5 hours at a time is tough.

19. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

I would love to be in arms reach of a 2 year old all day. I can't wait to have babies. The motherly thing is starting to kick in pretty bad.

20. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Not THIS two year old. His mother is a teen (maybe 20) and doesn't set any boundaries for him. He's LOUD and danger boy. You honestly cannot take your eyes off him. I have to put up a baby gate to keep him from hurting himself. She's pays me good money tho.