1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Communist Book must stay

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not so long as our government sanctions sex and promiscuity in under age children.

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

No, not so long as human beings exist and have a sex drive. In a perfect world, you would be right. In case you haven't noticed, it isn't anywhere near a perfect world. People have a drive to have sex, we are not immune to temptation, and people will always fall short of the ideal.

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And when our government sanctions sex and promiscuity then the situation is escalated 100 times over.

4. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A book is being banned because it shows smiling children wearing communist party clothes?

What should be banned are books depicting kids wearing sweatervests. These stuffy articles that the elite British Bourgeoisie dress their children in are much more of a bane to society than the lack of fashion sense found amongst communist party members and what they choose to dress their children in. ;)

5. Magnetic Poles

What government does this? I'd be interested in reading your evidence.

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our government does. Every time they teach it in a public school. Apparently if a school allows something to go on in the school then they are establishing a support of it. Isnt that why religion, prayer, the bible, and mention of Jesus Christ has been banned from our public shool system? So as not to establish a religion by the government?

So if by our laws and constitution this is the case then anytime something is taught in school the government has established endorcement of it. Whether that be religion or sex.

7. Magnetic Poles

How is teaching biology the same as sanctioning sex and promiscuity. Learning about human sexuality and reproduction is not the same as underage sex being promoted. Also, if the class gets deeply into human sexuality, there is parental consent required. SO again, where is evidence the government promotes or sanctions sex and promiscuity?

Ignorance is how kids can get into trouble. You can put two kids on a desert island, never tell them about sex, and guess what? They'll figure it out.

8. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Strawman with ad absurdum thrown in.

What are these things supposed to be analogous to? First graders are not currently taught about sexual intercourse nor have I ever heard of any educator advocating that. AFAIK, in first grade, sex education is concerned with bodies, the differences between boys and girls, where babies come from (glossing over the mechanics) and the difference between good touching and bad touching. Age appropriate education addresses the questions children of that stage of development usually have. We don't teach first graders about quantum physics and unreal numbers, either - nor did I say we should.

Better yet, correct the information.

The Toys For Guns exchange was a minor success in NYC. Swiss army knives are handy to have and they make poor weapons - I would not oppose that. Why condoms and needles? That makes no sense.

But the clean needle exhcange is a good idea which could save lives, not only of the needle-user, but the user's now and future girlfriend, wife and children.

Not in New York - I've never seen "Tobacco Free" in a public place. Maybe that's a regional thing where spitting is a public nuisance (spitting is forbidden on the streets of NYC, but I always thought that was about tuburculosis).

You were the one to bring up advertising - where did I justify it? I think you misread what I wrote.

You mean food? Fat/cholestrol/sugar (and I would include salt) are not addicting drugs like nicotine most assuredly is.

9. Daisy

Daisy New Member

You're mistaken on several counts. Schools do not allow sex "to go on" in the school; they have strict rules forbidding such goings-in.

Religion is not banned to students. Students are allowed to pray, have Bibles, Torahs, Korans, etc. and mention Jesus Christ (except they are not allowed to evangelize other students or present their religious views as if it were the school's). However, students do not have to practice religion or be required to sit through official displays of religion. They are not required to read the Bible unless they are voluntarily taking a course about the Bible.

It is not the case.

But you bring up an odd point - whether or not the government "endorses sex". I rather think it would as mankind would die out without it.

10. Magnetic Poles

No Daisy, don't you know that sex is a Communist plot?