1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Comparing two similar parables

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by James_Newman, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Simple question: Are your brothers "sheep" or "goats"? All sheep - 100% get in. All goats - 100% are excluded.

2. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Dr. Bob.

John 10:27-29 tells us, the true sheeps are Christ's, IF they hear and FOLLOW Christ, they are remain hold in Christ's hand forever. Or, if they stopped follow Christ, they will be lost and astray again, at word, Christ might loose a person out of his hand, if stopped follow Christ.

Again, remind you, 'sheep' & 'goat' of Matt. 25:31-46 do not take them - literal animals. Christ uses them as illustration apply their character. Sheep have no defense or offensive, sheep is the weakest animal of the animals. Goat shows, it have stubborn, selfish, refuse to follow.

Yet, Matt. 25:31-46 will be a literal event at Christ's coming, that both followers and unfollowers shall be separated, all unfollowers shall be cast into the everlasting fire, but the followers shall have eternal life with Christ.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Au contraire, ami! You make a false statement about John 10, implying IF they hear. IF they do not remain, they will be lost.

That is not what Jesus said. It is the same false assumption parroted by all arminians. READ THE NEXT VERSES

Jesus gives HIS SHEEP eternal life. I can sin, but I never change into a goat. I am a SHEEP! And you know, when God said I was a sheep and will never perish and be saved forever, I BELIEVE HIM!

4. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

</font>[/QUOTE]Thanks Bob.
    One problem.
    This is about the final day of Judgement. Not the Judgement seat of Christ. I know they will be saved in eternity. I want to see where they as disobedient servants get to enjoy the rewards of the Kingdom with Christ. Can you show me that? Without gymnastics?
    So again. Can you do better?
    In His service;
    Jim

5. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Dr. Bob,

I love John 10:27-29 is a beautiful promise passage for us.

Christ promises us, a sheep who hear His voice, and follow him, He shall give them eternal life, no one shall take sheep out of his hand. Christ have power to hold us for forever and ever.

Or, in other word, if a sheep do not listen to the Holy Spirit, and not obey God's Word(voice), and stopped follow Christ. Christ might loosed a sheep out of his hand.

Christ never leave us, but we can leave him, because are astray like a sheep.

In fact, in the reality world, sheep is the weakest animal of all animals, have no defense, and offensive. Sheep does not know where goes. Sheep easily lost anywhere.

We can easily astray away like as sheep. Do not blame on Christ. We making our own decisions and freewill too. We can leaving Christ easily.

Many times, I hear a famous popular classic song - "I decide to follow Jesus". This is my favorite song. That song is a Biblical find in John 10:27; Luke 9:23; etc. A song saying, "I have decide to follow Christ, no turn back, I have decide to follow Christ, no turn back, I have decide to follow Christ, no one join with me, still I decide follow Christ, no turn back."

Do you know where 'no turn back' verses are?

It find in Luke 9:62 "...No man, having put hus hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." Christ reminds us of Lot's wife - Luke 17:32. Genesis 19:15-26 telling us, the two angels warned to Lot, and his family, do not turn back toward Sodom. Lot's wife could have obeyed angels' warning, and saved her soul. But, she disobeyed their warning. She turned her eyes toward Sodom, and immediately, she became pillar of salt.

Same with the song, it tells us, that we have to follow Christ, no turn back.

If, we stopped follow Christ, and turn back, then our spiritual will lost, and astray.

Obivously, there are lot of conditional warnings in the Bible, no way that we can neglect them. We must listen and obey what these telling us.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 18
    12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
    13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.
    14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

If it is not our Father's will that any of his sheep perish, then none will.

HankD

7. michelle

michelle New Member

--------------------------------------------------
    Yet, Matt. 25:31-46 will be a literal event at Christ's coming, that both followers and unfollowers shall be separated, all unfollowers shall be cast into the everlasting fire, but the followers shall have eternal life with Christ.

--------------------------------------------------

Actually, they will be cast into outer darkeness. This does not say eternal fire. These passages that is referring to this outer darkness are referring to the millenial kingdom, not Heaven. So now ask yourself, what is the outer darkness?

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

8. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Michelle said,"Actually, they will be cast into outer darkeness. This does not say eternal fire. These passages that is referring to this outer darkness are referring to the millenial kingdom, not Heaven. So now ask yourself, what is the outer darkness?"

Whatever it is, would you agree it is NOT the Kingdom?
    In His service;
    Jim