1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Complaint Suggests Obama Might Have Caught Wind of Blagojevich Dealings

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Dec 11, 2008.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Orders.

Then again, why is that?

And so forth and so on...

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

1. We don't know if Rahm has done anything wrong?

2. Even if Rahm did discuss the seat, we know the only compensation he offered was appreciation. Appreciating isn't a crime and is generally viewed as a good thing.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Biden, though he tends to speak before thinking, is probably one of the most knowledgeable politicians we have in regards to foreign policy. I think he will give valuable input to President Elect Obama.

You can't be the wife of a 2 term president and not know something about foreign policy. She has a huge amount of respect from the international community and has her hubby as a knowledgeable adviser. She is starting with more in her court than most SoS. Can you show this short temper? I don't recall seeing it.

He also has a very good record of getting things done which means a lot on the Hill. They can't pass help for auto makers when most agree it's needed. He will be a loyal hard driver of the Obama agenda so for Obama he is an excellent choice. I can see why you wouldn't like him.

The many of you who believes he lacks wisdom a long time ago have come to the table with that conclusion and are throwing any piece of biased dirt at Obama to make your point. You are the ones who still want to see his birth certificate. You can't say this is a fair conclusion coming from that camp.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

#64 Crabtownboy, Dec 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2008
  5. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Are you asking me? I don't know. We do know that he is profane and divisive, and Obama said he was going to bring the country together. We do know that he is a stark liberal. We do know that he has the reputation of being angry and vitriolic and you guys hated that in Karl Rove.

6. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Biden has accomplished virtually nothing in the Senate, and people who know things say Biden doesn't.

Sure you can. Think HRC for example. Or Laura Bush or Nancy Reagan, or Barbara Bush or Rosalyn Carter or Betty Ford. If you think being a first lady for eight years is foreign policy experience then you are worse off than I imagined. Surely you have a better argument than that?

It's not that I don't like him. I don't even know him. It is that he is an angry, profane, divisive person. He gets things done by twisting arms, shaming, and abusing people. Remember how much you disliked Karl Rove. What we are seeing is hypocrisy ... you accept it when it comes from your guy but hate it in the other.

I have never said I want to see his birth certificate. I think there are easier reasons why he is disqualified, and I am embarrassed at the number of people who do not think clearly enough to have seen through his charade of campaigning. Already we are seeing that he couldn't be trusted, that he wasn't a man of principle, and that he will say anything and do something else. And some of you are still blinded by him. I haven't thrown any dirt at Obama. Everything I have said is documentable.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I venture to say each of these women know far more about foreign relations than you give them credit. In the lonely, seclusion of the White House, your helpmate is probably one of few people you can totally trust and the only ear you don't fear with your inner most thoughts. You really don't see Woman's role when she stands beside her Man.

What I've seen you say is opinion. You say he has bad judgment based solely on your opinion of his cabinet selections. That is hardly "documentable" and all documents are left to the intent of the writer as well as the interpretation of the reader.

8. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Can you provide a link to the previous news reports? Don't bother. I found the NYT story. You're right.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/09/us/politics/10Illinois.html

9. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Well, this is what the Chicago Tribune (about to go bankrupt) said:

Rahm Emanuel, President-elect Barack Obama's pick to be White House chief of staff, had conversations with Gov. Rod Blagojevich's administration about who would replace Obama in the U.S. Senate, the Chicago Tribune has learned.

The revelation does not suggest Obama's new gatekeeper was involved in any talk of deal making involving the seat. But it does help fill in the gaps surrounding a question that Obama was unable or unwilling to answer this week: Did anyone on his staff have contact with Blagojevich about his choice for the Senate seat?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the Federal prosecutor didn't implicate Obama or Rahm Emanuel, anything said here to the contrary is mere speculation.
    and this is what the New York Times said:

“I had no contact with the governor or his office, and so we were not — I was not aware of what was happening,” Mr. Obama said. “And as I said, it’s a sad day for Illinois. Beyond that, I don’t think it’s appropriate to comment.”

10. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Notice the little parse, "I had no contact...and so we were not - I was not aware of what was happening".

This is the very definition of "plausable deniability". It seems he knew what was happening, in general, but he let his staff handle the details, and is trying to hide behind that, parsing his words carefully so he can claim he wasn't lying.

This is very shady and I believe once we hear the details of the tapes, Obama will only look worse and worse.

peace to you:praying:

11. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

I doubt it. But knowing something about foreign relations by virtue of being first lady does not qualify one to be SoS. That's my point.

Really? I didn't know that. I am sure how you figured that out because I tend to have a very high view of women.

It's documentable that Joe Biden was a bad choice. As I recall, he got less than 5% of the vote in the only primary he managed to stay in. In his last bid for president, he got run out of the primary over plagiarism. He is well known as a stuffed shirt who is a gaffe machine and makes what are at best questionable comments.

His selection of Clinton for SoS is less suspect, but only slightly. She has done nothing of note in the Senate. She has no qualifications to speak of in foreign policy. Flying around on good will missions does not make one qualified to be SoS.

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Wow, plausible deniability because he choose his words carefully are a press briefing. You are part of a tough crowd. Did you count how many times he blinked or if he scratched his nose?

13. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

All true which is why we didn't vote him POTUS. He is VPOTUS. You also failed to give him any credit for 36 years on the hill or his time running the Foreign Relations Committee. But like I said, in your view he was a bad pick so Obama will forever have bad judgment in your eyes.

14. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you choose your words carefully in order to give a false impression of what has occurred, then you are being dishonest. He was being dishonest. He suggested he didn't have any knowledge of the event, even while knowing Emmanuel had conversations with the governor about the issue.

Emmanuel is his chief of staff. It defies logic that he didn't know what was going on, at least in a general sense. The lady he wanted for the Senate seat suddenly withdrew from consideration. That doesn't make sense unless Obama knew what was going on.

And no, I didn't count how many times he blinked or scratched his nose, whatever that is suppose to mean.

peace to you:praying:

15. donnA

donnA Active Member

During the election you seemed to see no difference between POTUS and VPOTUS, claiming a vote for mccain would be a vote for pailin as president and that she wasn't qualified for president, yet she wasn't the one running for president.
    Now you've changed your mind.
    Or prehaps your confused.

16. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Obama isn't in his 70's with a history of cancer.