1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured concealed carry classes

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Tom Bryant, Jul 27, 2015.

1. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Yep, that's what I thought...

2. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

I am, but I also realize that there are some who have little faith. So if you are going to do it, make sure you kill in His name.

3. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Wow, you pass judgment and lift yourself as having more faith because you don't arm yourself. You are not a man of faith. You are a judgemental victim.

4. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Nope. You think carnally. "pass judgement"...nope, it's called simple discernment. A Christian can have faith that Jesus IS the protection, or he can rely on a gun, and kill in His name. Get out of the flesh and into the Spirit!

5. sag38

sag38 Active Member

It is one thing to disagree or to state why you do not arm yourself. It is quite another to make assumptions concerning people who do not follow your interpretation of scripture. You are not sharing your viewpoint. You are judging. Why do you assume that because someone arms himself or herself that he or she has no faith, is afraid, etc? And, it is very sanctimonious to say that Christians who defend themselves in a life and death situation are "killing" in Jesus name. And pacifists wonder why most folks dislike them.... It's not their pacifism as much as it is the smug attitude that many seem to possess. In my experience with them there if very little if any humility in their position.

6. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And yours is a very judgmental reply.

I kindly answered your question and you implied you would then answer mine. I am still waiting for your to honor and reply to my question which was:

Show me words from the Prince of Peace that supports the idea proposed in the OP. Thanks.

7. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Crab, you go to your church and I will go to mine because we will never agree on this subject and many others for that matter.

8. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are probably right in our not agreeing. However that does not mean you should honor your saying I had to answer before you would. I answered. Now, if you are honorable, you should reply to the question.

Show me where Christ taught it is all right to carry a concealed, or indeed an exposed, weapon into a worship service. That is your stance. You say, or at the very least imply, this is a Christian stance. All I want is for you to show me where Christ approved of this. Do the honorable thing and reply.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We all should stop questioning other people's honorableness, Christianity, faithfulness, love of God, level of faith, and manhood.

We all should stop calling people liars, heretics, etc.

These things are done, often times, for the purpose of provoking each other.

Why do we get satisfaction out of doing these things? What is the reward and or benefit from calling each other names and belittling them or their view?

Maybe the issue that needs to be addressed is not the view of others but our inability to not be offended by it. Does our offense glorify God? Have we advanced the Kingdom of God by our offense and subsequent responses?

Are we really edified by our conversations on this board or are we just fullfilling the lust of the flesh because we think we are right and attacking others proves it?

Maybe we should be less worried about what Jesus thinks about Christians carrying guns than we are worried about what Jesus thinks about how we are dealing with each other as Christians, fellow heirs of the Kingdom.

1Jn_4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.
    1Jn_4:8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

1Pe_4:8 Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This deserves a triple AMEN!!
    So, AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!!

11. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the most part I agree with you. But when a person says they will answer a question after I answer a question and then refuses to do so ... well that does not seem honorable to me.

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone............

13. sag38

sag38 Active Member

All one has to do is a quick perusal of said poster's pattern on this site to determine that said poster has no clue what constitutes true honor.

14. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are proficient in your ability to attempt to insult others. Now how about answering the question.

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have been doing a pretty good job at it yourself. How about ending the cycle.

16. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All I am asking is that she have the honor of upholding what she said she would do ... answer the question. There is no insult in asking that to happen.

I see in your reply a veiled insult. How about ending the cycle?

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trying to turn my words into anything other than exactly what I said is only further evidence of your inability to deal with people in a renewed and Christian manner. I have tried to encourage you to do the right thing, I have given sound and biblical counsel. You refuse for your own purposes. What goes on, on this board needs to change. When our love for each other overrides our selfishness it will. Until then this mess will continue. Are you going to continue to perpetuate it or are you going to be an agent of change.

By the way Sag is a pastor and a man.

#37 Revmitchell, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2015
  18. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you continue your insults.

I will ask people to answer questions when they have said they would do so.

By the way Sag is a pastor and a man.[/QUOTE]

Did not know that. Regardless of gender he should answer the question.

If I had ask a question of someone and said that I would answer once they answered I would feel honor bound to do so.

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I would encourage you to report any and all insults from me or anyone else. Be sure and be careful not to be a false witness while doing so.

20. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rev, so please tell me who has been conducting the insults in this thread, Sag or yours truly? Read below before answering. Thanks.