1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Condy Rice

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by blackbird, Nov 15, 2004.

1. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

2. Enoch

Enoch New Member

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Not a bad choice for that office.

4. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

5. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Rice is a "one-worlder". She is also pro-abortion. Moving her to that position opens up positions for her where she can aid the continuation of abortion, and she will bring dozens of like-minded people along with her.

Why can't we insist on better?

6. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

PaJim,

I was unaware that the State Department ran Abortion Clinics. Could you give me their location?

7. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

With the departure of Powell, the fear over here seems to be that the US will be less internationalist (if that were possible) than before. What do posters think Condi Rice will bring to the table on that front?

Yours in Christ

Matt

8. Orvie

Orvie New Member

May be I'm outta the loop, but are you sure she's pro abortion? I've also heard that she's a Christian, Can anyone verify? Didn't Christianity Today have a write up on her a year or two ago?

9. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

She is "reluctantly" pro-choice.

Rice supports abortion and affirmative action.

10. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

Could her "reluctance" be tied to the fact that she is an official of the American Government and is bound to uphold the law?

Or is it a deeply held personal opinion?

11. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You say that as if it were a bad thing. As hard is it may be for others, especially Europeans, to understand. Most Americans are not interested in sacrificing our national sovereignty and autonomy. This seldom comes up in campaigns since internationalism is "bi-partisan" but when it does Americans oppose it.

It seems to many of us here that Europe (UK and other coalition members somewhat excluded) wants us to provide funding and forces while they lead us around on a leash. We only get to use our power the way Europe says we should. They expect us to support them, as we have for about 60 years now, but betray us when we need support.

How many trillions of dollars did the US pour into defending Germany and France during the Cold War? Here we are not even 20 years later and they are not only unsupportive of our efforts to neutralize terror sponsoring states, they are subverting them.

We see the UN Oil-for-Food scandal as just another knife in the back from the French et al.

The fact is that the US is left alone in the world as a genuine super power. There seems to be much resentment against the US in Europe that doesn't seem to be based on any particular US action... although Iraq is the current focal point. But how credible are our European antagonists on Iraq when they were colluding with Saddam to violate UN sanctions/resolutions?

I hope she will be devoted to doing the right thing whether Europe likes it or not.

12. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I don't know, maybe we should ask the 63,000+ babies who have been butchered since November 2nd. I'm sure they are interested in knowing about wether this is her "deeply held personal opinion" or the fact that she is "bound to uphold the law".

I believe Condi Rice's view on abortion is that it is a woman's choice. She holds the same opinion that Bill Clinton did, that abortions should be "safe and rare".

13. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

I don't know, maybe we should ask the 63,000+ babies who have been butchered since November 2nd. I'm sure they are interested in knowing about wether this is her "deeply held personal opinion" or the fact that she is "bound to uphold the law".

I believe Condi Rice's view on abortion is that it is a woman's choice. She holds the same opinion that Bill Clinton did, that abortions should be "safe and rare".
    </font>[/QUOTE]What an interesting post. You seem to be implying that there is no middle ground on this subject at all. :confused:

14. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

When it comes to the legal butchering of innocent babies I don't think there is any middle ground. It's very black and white! Your either 100% Pro-Life with no exceptions or your pro-abortion with exceptions.

1 out of every 4 deaths in America is a result of an abortion. Abortion is murder, thousands of babies are butchered daily in America, no middle ground!

15. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rice is being talked about for President in 2008. If she decides to run, she will need to define her abortion views.

Bush has made a habit of using pro-lifers in roles that have a bearing on that part of policy while using pro-choice people in roles where they can't directly effect abortion policy- an intelligent political move.

Reports say that Bush and Rice are very close. If she decides to run in 2008, I would not be surprised to see her re-define herself as strongly pro-life.

The frustrating thing about Bush to his liberal detractors is that he operates on principle. He compromises where there is no/low risks to his value-driven position. He is much more savvy than most give him credit for.

I think he is doing all he can to choose his successor- Rice will be the third most powerful person in the Administration and will probably have more actual influence than any SoS in our history. She will have the best opportunity to make her case for selection in 2008 of any of the potential candidates.

16. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

Then why aren't you in the street dead?
    Or at least blocking the clinics?

17. Pennsylvania Jim

Instead of making a wisecrack, why don't you consider what I said in the post directly previous to yours. It answers your question, if you really want an answer.

18. Pennsylvania Jim

I she's pro-abortion, I couldn't care less whether she claims to be a Christian or not.

19. Pennsylvania Jim

I guess you would have been one of the guys who ran the gas chambers because Die Fuhrer told you to.

20. Pennsylvania Jim

Could be. Too bad a "definition" doesn't work to change the law. This would be the typical political posturing that Christians eat up. Cynical politicians "take a position" to get votes, then do nothing about it.

We've condoned this kind of stuff for 31 years since Roe v. Wade, and nothing has been done. 4000 dead babies per day are the result.

How long will we play along with their games?