1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Confirmation hearings for ACB to start Oct. 12

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by KenH, Sep 26, 2020.

1. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    sounds like a very bad idea! How can this ever be "united"?

2. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to sources, it was established in 1993 through the Maastricht Treaty. Why didn't you get out of it, or stay out of it then, instead of waiting for it to "morph" more? Why don't you want to stay a part of it? Many of your countrymen certainly did.

3. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    simply put, when we joined, it was after we had a referendum, and in 1975 the people voted to join. Since then no Prime Minister showed any interest in really leaving. It was only after Nigel Farage's party won quite a few MEP's (European MP's), in 2015, that the then PM decided to give the people a vote, with the miscalculation that the majority would vote to remain! In 2016, myself and millions of others, said OUT!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:Cool:Cool:Cool:Cool:Cool:Cool

4. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, you went along with it for forty years, including the explicit Union for twenty plus. Why didn't you rise up in resistance at the first sign?

The obvious point is that you are talking about having been in a union that you thought just fine, as long as it wasn't overly united. But when it was becoming very strongly united, then you wanted out.

Can you see no parallel to what you have been asking regarding the USA?

5. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    I voted out in 2016, and know the majority of the others did for the same reason, because the DICTATOR that is the "leader" of Germany, Angela Merkel, did not ASK other EU countries if they would take any of these million "refugees", but THREATENED countries that did not take thousands each, with funding from the EU being cut!!! What an EVIL woman! I made sure that I voted OUT of this very EVIL "club". The EU would never become strong, but now is in decline as our BILLIONS wasted on this FAILED project, will no longer fill their coffers!

6. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only "parallel" that I can see, is that both "unions" have actually failed. I know Americans don't like to admit this, but the fact is that the country is very divided, and I won't be surprised if a civil war starts again. I also heard once that California wanted to leave the "union" of states? Maybe others also?

7. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Per Dennis Prager of Prager U, we are already in the midst of a mostly nonviolent civil war. But the divisions are not by state, and this is where your ignorance shows the most. The real enemy is the progressive leftists, the Marxists who hate America and its founding principles, who want to destroy America by any means necessary.

The Dems are largely made up of them, and most of their liberals are oblivious to the real enemy. Obama was dead set on destroying the foundations of America even before he took office, and made major strides to accomplish that task. Hillary would have doubled down, but Trump was voted in.

We'll see what happens next, but a Biden/Harris presidency would be no good, and certainly not capitalist, unless you include being a "Capitalist" Communist Chinese surrogate.

8. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    You argue against a strong central government that would go against the wishes of your state, yet gladly joined and enjoyed being under that very government for nearly forty years.

The problem you cite, is of course the same one that we also see and have been warned to resist since our founding. But ours is not as simple a states issue as your own, and this you fail to understand.

9. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    but surely you are wrong here. the states that are Dem controlled, are Liberal and very much anti-American. these would probably gladly defund the police and let the thugs like BLM do as they please! it is these states that, with Trump as POTUS, would rather not be part of the "union" called the USA! this is my point here. am I wrong?

10. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem is that you aren't right. Here. Make of it what you will.

It’s a Civil War: What We Do Now

America’s Second Civil War