1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Confronting the fallacies of #NEVERTRUMP

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Aaron, Jul 31, 2016.

1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What part of "then the federal government will have to step in" didn't you understand?

2. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do we know Obama won't nuke Ohio? How do we know Hillary won't open a brothel in the White House? How do we know Aliens from Planet Mongo won't invade? How do we know Canada won't buy all the northern border states?

How do we know? How do we know? Well, Duh! We don't, unless maybe you have a crystal ball.

But what we do have is a form of government with something called "Checks and Balances" that mitigate the damage any of the three branches may do, and provide a remedy in the event that damage rises to a serious enough level.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Baloney

Reagan and the Bush's have picked four bad justices. Given that Trump is more liberal than those former presidents, why would Trump's record be any better?[/QUOTE]

Baloney

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Reagan and the Bush's have picked four bad justices. Given that Trump is more liberal than those former presidents, why would Trump's record be any better?

Awesome rebuttals.

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump is not liberal he is an opportunist. My rebuttals are in line with what I responded to. Look automation is more of a recent event. The heavy regulations and taxes have been an issue far longer. All of the so called green regulations are nothing more than a ploy to cut down on private enterprise to have an excuse to gain control of production by the government. What is happening is exactly what progressives want. They want less and less private enterprise. The lack of discernment by folks like yourself allows this.

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Define recent.
    Five years?
    Ten years?
    Fifteen years?
    Twenty years?

What?

7. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

The government has made healthcare and insurance UNAFFORDABLE FOR EVERY AMERICAN who would have to pay out-of-pocket, practically speaking. The Republican party is, as usual, worthless (aside from displacing bad Democrats).

Republican should embrace Obamacare, and use it as cover to advance cost-lowering free market changes. The core of Obamacare is Tax Credits for the working-class to buy insurance. That should be kept, while Republicans fight to deregulate the insurance and medical industries. (The Obamacare bill increased regulation.)

I don't disagree, but do you have any ideas that don't favor bigger business? How about letting insurance companies have free reign in designing their polices? How about tort reform to reduce medical liability costs?

8. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh, all of them? Single payer completely bypasses the insurance companies.

9. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

Yes, because the government is so efficient and not oppressive? Or, do you want Christian doctors to be forced to preform abortions and sex changes? You want hospital chaplains to only be those Christians who approve of same-sex marriage? You want merit hiring in hospitals to be replaced with minority quotas? You think the government has done so well so far with medical care that you want the government to have more control.

10. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As opposed to the profits taken by the big Insurance companies?

Where did I say that?

Where did I say that?

Where did I say that?

Where did I say that?

In all seriously, do you suffer from ADD or something? You seem to be having great trouble reading what I post, understanding it, and responding accordingly to what I actually said vice what you seem to have (mis)understood.

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you think the mistake is his posts or the fact that you continue to respond to his posts.

12. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably both. But I do tend to be an optimist, hoping he will, sooner or later, make sense.

13. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

Competition fixes excessive profits. Insurance companies should be, can be, a thin layer of bureaucracy over the medical system..

You said you want to completely bypass insurance companies and have a single payer system. I.e. you want to give the government to full control of our healthcare. What do you think that means? Government is a thick layer of bureaucracy which has turned to persecuting Christians in recent years .

Tax credits to pay for insurance (like Obamacare) is the right approach. Unfortunately, the government morons you want to run the country's medical system took the opportunity to attach to Obamacare more restrictions on competition -- this last issue is one of the things Republicans should work on fixing.

With your encouragement, I can count on the Republicans to continue to be useless.

14. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

15. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You really didn't understand a thing I wrote, did you? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

16. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  17. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I see I certainly won't have time to confront and explain all the fallacies of the #NeverTrump-ers here, ...for those few who even bothered to address the topic...