1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Confused, is there a difference between? the man Jesus Christ & the God Jesus Christ

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Sep 8, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Could this not also be interpreted in the way that Jesus mediated for us while he was on earth as a man but now he's not longer a man? I mean what is Jesus right now? Is he a human or is he God? :confused:
    He is God, a part of the trinity, but he has a glorified human body.
    Does this mean that he is human? While he has on earth he was half human, half God, but what is he now? 100% God? Or still half human, half God? Boy, this is confusing. :(

Somebody in another forum claims that Jesus the God, is made up by the christians because they wanted their own God and since other religions also had their virgin birth Jesus also had to be born by a virgin. This person claims to believe in Jesus the son of God but not in Jesus as God.Totally strange....

#1 xdisciplex, Sep 8, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2006
  2. Inquiring Mind

Inquiring Mind New Member

He is fully man and fully God both past, present, and future. His human body is in a glorified state now.

#2 Inquiring Mind, Sep 8, 2006
  3. BD17

BD17 New Member

Jesus was not 50% human and 50% God, he was 100% Human and 100% divine. It is called a hypostatic union.

4. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I know this.
    But what is he now?
    If he is now 100% God again (God's son) then what does this verse mean?
    Is this verse addressing ONLY the time when Jesus was here or does this verse imply that Jesus is still a man?

And another question which comes to my mind is has Jesus always had the title Son of God or did he only get this title when he became a human? I mean before Jesus came to earth was he already God's son or was he simply God? I hope you understand what I mean. Was there already this difference between The Father and Jesus before Jesus came to earth?

5. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Right, my mistake. But I think you understand what I wanted to say. :thumbsup:

6. Inquiring Mind

Hypostatic Union? That's one of those Catholic words.

7. BD17

BD17 New Member

Not Catholic at all.

8. Inquiring Mind

Aint never heard a Baptist Pastor use that word.

9. BD17

BD17 New Member

Well I am not a Baptist Pastor. That's why I am not allowed to post in the Baptist only section anymore. It is a theological term.

10. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a Baptist pastor, and I know the term, but I have never used it in a message before.

11. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

I am Baptist and have been a pastor and I have used it many times. But I have also used transubstantiation as well as traducianism. :laugh:

12. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Could you please not use this thread here for small talk? I am looking for answers to my questions. I hate it when threads are highjacked.

13. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

When my son was being convicted and seriously searching, the one question that hung him up so long was understanding the trinity. I remember him asking how God could be three yet be one. It was such a blessing when he called me and said how he came to his understanding, then he called our pastor and youth director to tell them -- and was baptized the following Sunday.

XD, how much I pray for this same understanding and acceptance to be yours and that you come to know the peace that God offers to all who come to Him.

14. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hypostatic union is a key concept of the Trinity that Catholics, the Eastern Orthodox, protestants and other orthodox Christians subscribe to. It is good that Catholics make use of this key term that differentiates orthodox Christians from heretics.

#14 Gold Dragon, Sep 8, 2006
  15. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Jesus has always been the Son of God, the 2nd person of the Trinity. But he was not a man before he incarnated. When he incarnated, he added human nature and human body to his divine being, at that point being fully God and fully man. He was not 2 separate beings.

Jesus is still the God-man - fully God and fully man. He ascended in his resurrected body into heaven.

16. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I too am glad they made that word up as I am glad that they made up so many things. It shows real creativity on their part.

But as for "proving something" doctrinally -- it proves nothing. The authority for doctrinal truth vs heresy STILL rests in scripture "alone".

In Christ,

Bob

17. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I agree.

xx

You need to be discipled before your wondering get you permanently confused . . .

What is your first name, you are going on my primary prayer list.