1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Congress to Investigate Whether Palmeiro Committed Perjury

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by KenH, Aug 4, 2005.

1. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

While baseball fans mostly do like higher scoring games, I bet almost no one wants it at the expense of allowing steroids. Who wants baseball records set by drugs? They clearly have a big advantage, at the expense of shortened lifespan, and ancillary griefs.

Who wants to explain to their 8 year old son that Mark and Sammy's home run battle was drug aided? I don't want to.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But as long as the fans were basically ignorant of the use of steroids they were quite happy to see all of the home runs and write it off to a juiced up baseball.

3. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Ignorance is bliss.

4. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

One of Bushes favorites players while he was on the Rangers with Jose Cancesco...perhaps
    he will get a pass.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Palmeiro is already suspended so he didn't get a pass and it's almost impossible for Congress to prove perjury in this case.

6. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

How in teh world does even this turn into a Bush bashing thread??? How absurd ...

Players who use drugs should join Rose on teh life time ban list from the HOF and record book. The first offense should be a one year suspension. The second a life time. As it now stands, I think the first is 10 days. The second a year, and the third life. At least that's something.

7. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

How does one take steroids on accident?

I was on two rounds of them for an allergy about 8 years ago and I would do anything not to ever have to take those things again.

There is no way that you would not know youve taken them. They affect your body too quickly and very profoundly.

I agree with you Barjonah.

In my opinion, only the very sick would take steroids willingly, at ANY given time.