1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Congressman Too Truthful

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by poncho, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Well said, Terry. It's not up to us to determine the outcome, but simply to obey.

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ken, I am not going to change the subject for you to your terms. I listed the reasons that Pinoybaptist should avoid the CP like the plague.

The CP is about as Christian as the Mormon church. If you guys are so Christian, how come you can't hold a polite debate?

3. Pennsylvania Jim

Because you can't stick to the facts.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then I can only assume, cmg, that you are against balancing the federal budget and against balancing the trade deficit. Otherwise, there is no reason why you would not have simply answered "yes".

And that's really sad, cmg, as it shows that you are a part of the problem and not a part of the solution. Perhaps in the next few years you, and others like you, will come to realize how much harm you are doing to these United States by your lack of interest in balancing the federal budget and the trade account.

5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You should not make a foolish assumption like that since I refuse to debate you on your issues when you mention your issues only to detract to from my point that you yourself cannot and will not answer.

Of course, as a member of the CP, you can always say that you are a godly man and doing what you do for a godly reason, can't you? Like Galatian, do you think that you can trick everyone?

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not tricking anyone. Please stick to the issues of the federal budget deficit and the trade deficit, cmg.

7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those were not the original issues as you well know.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, they are as this thread started off talking about government. The budget is the government's and the trade deficit is the result of government policies.

I wish you could deal with substantive issues, cmg. I think we could have some good conversations.

9. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Ken, it would be easier to teach a dog algebra than to get some here to even understand what you are saying.

As you can probably tell, I have had a change of heart concerning my political views. I had allowed my hatred for Bush to cloud my every decision. Although I do not now hate him or even Kerry for that matter, I cannot, with clear conscience, vote for either of these parties or allow myself to listen to their lies. I intend on either not voting at all or writing in Peroutka if that is allowed.

If either of the main parties should return to even the semblance of Christian values in the future, I will gladly reconsider giving them my support.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There was a movement about 14 months ago to unite the conservative/libertarian minor parties around a Ron Paul presidential candidacy but Congressman Paul declined. I would have loved to have been involved in a well funded Ron Paul for President campaign. He would have been the non-interventionist candidate choice that neither Mr. Bush nor Mr. Kerry provides for tens of millions of Americans.

I’ll probably win this argument’

Rep. Ron Paul, the GOP’s loner from the Lone Star State

By Jeff Dufour

Being Ron Paul would seem a frustrating proposition.

A strict opponent of almost everything government undertakes, the Texas Republican congressman usually finds himself on the losing end of legislative battles.

No more so than this year, in which the United States fought a war he didn’t support. Congress, meanwhile, enacted a tax cut he feels is too small, returned to deficits, expanded the role of government through the Department of Homeland Security and is poised to pass a Medicare reform package he abhors.

But, he said last week from his office in the Cannon Building, “I’m not frustrated because I didn’t expect very much. I think we’re getting what I have anticipated.”

Yet he’s not about to keep quiet. On July 10, he underscored why he’s often a thorn in his own party’s side as much as in the Democrats’. In a lengthy floor speech dubbed “Neo-Conned,” he lambasted the administration and its philosophical bedfellows.

Picking up on the same themes, he told The Hill, “I don’t think [the administration is] conservative at all. I think they talk conservative, but the government spending continues to go up. It seems like there’s no hesitancy to spend anything that anybody asks for, whether it’s guns or butter.”

- rest at www.thehill.com/news/072303/ss_paul.aspx

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

12. Pennsylvania Jim

You seem to hate nothing in politics more than someone who advocates Godly government. Why?

13. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unfortunately, the CP is more like the rich man who denies medicine to the poor man. For example, the CP wants to stop sending Aids medicine to Africa and food and water to the Sudan. The CP thinks that the Godly thing to do would be to stop helping people starving to death overseas and put the money in their own bank accounts.

And then the CP thinks that it is Godly to abandon the war in Iraq because it is illegal and therefore it is probable that the CP would think that it is Godly to make a war criminal out of the President for his illegal war. Saddam would have to be pardoned by Peroutka because the war is illegal like a stop of a car full of drugs but a stop made without a search warrant.

And then the CP thinks that it is Godly to go back to an 1832 system of vote counting although our Founding Fathers found that system unworkable and set it aside.

And then the CP thinks that they are the only Godly people in the world but what the CP really thinks is Godly is lots of $$$$$$ because the CP slogan is that it is all about me $$$$$$.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to retract that statement, cmg. The Constitution Party will not stop you, me, or any other person or any charity or any State from sending Aids medicine, food, or water to Sudan.

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Always the hair splitter? The CP $$$$$$ wants to stop the US government from sending Aids medicine to Africa and food and water to the Sudan.

Are you happy now?

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show in the federal Constitution where the federal government is given the power to do such.

17. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Republicans don't have to show the Constitution Party $$$$$$ anything. You will be lucky to get 98,000 votes again this election as you did in 2000. At least, Howard Phillips was a little interesting. The American people abandoned isolation in 1940. Perhaps you heard Zell Miller's tribute to Wendell Wilkie at the GOP convention last night. Or were you still outside on the the streets of New York demonstrating for more $$$$$$$ for the right wing. The symbol of the Constitution Party $$$$$$ is the upraised clenched fist.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  19. Pennsylvania Jim

CMG thinks the government should do what HE wants, not what the constitution says. He is livid that anyone should pick up the principles of the Republican Party from the 1980's. It would be better to implement the Democrat agenda, and forget that the GOP ever thought differently. It seems that it is all about party, MY party, WHATEVER its position is.

20. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Maybe caring for the Fatherless, the Widows, and the Aliens isn't in the Constitution...

But, it sure is a part of God's Word...

So, are you saying our government is wrong to be doing something God Himself Commends?