1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Conscious of one's own sinful condition

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Moriah

Moriah New Member

S BM,

Just wondering...was that your attempt at explaining why God chooses to save some and chooses to send others to Hell?
    If that was your explanation, then you have failed miserably.

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Biblicist,
    I am still waiting for you to explain why God chooses some to save and chooses some to go to Hell.

3. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It takes two people to have a conversation and if they do not define the same terms the same way then "WE" have a communication problem. I know what I mean by "saved" and I know what a Mormon means by "saved" but what do you mean?

Do you mean conversion to the gospel? Do you mean regeneration?

4. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Just answer the question to the best of your ability. Why do you think God chooses to save some, and why does God choose some to go to Hell?

5. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Election is never to hell as that is man's own choice. Election is of grace and "unto" (eis) salvation. (Rom. 11:6).

Regeneration (saved) occurs with faith not before and not after but when. There is no such thing as an unregenerated believer any more than there such a thing as a regenerated unbeliever.

When God gives a new heart (regeneration) it is a believing heart not an unbelieving heart.

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

Yes it is. God chooses who shall not be saved or who does be saved. Those He chose not to be saved, well, they had no choice in the matter !

7. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I knew you could not answer. Do you want to try again? Explain why the Sovereign God CHOOSES to save those He saves, and why He CHOOSES to send others to Hell.

8. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Biblicist,

I am still waiting for your answer.

#48 Moriah, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
  9. Moriah

Moriah New Member

S BM,

Go ahead and try AGAIN to explain WHY God chooses to save some and send the others to Hell.

10. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You are fundementally ignorant of my very position as well as the scriptures and so no explanation could change your mind warped by false doctrine.

The reason that God chooses anyone to salvation is a profound mystery of Scripture because according to divine justice he should choose NO ONE to salvation but equally condemn all to hell because of sin. The only reason given in scripture for the salvation of any sinner is the words "mercy" and "grace." Mercy means they don't get the justice they deserve. Grace means they get what they don't deserve - salvation. Every sinner God saves is due to God's mercy and grace. It is God's Son that satisifes God's justice for all He saves.

God never has to choose anyone to go to hell because they all make that choice for themselves. They don't need no help.

You asked, I explained now accept it as my explanation because I have no other explanation or belief in this matter and for you to charge me with another belief is simply lying and you seem to like lying as you do a lot of it.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Why do you lie.
    This is not Biblicist's belief (as far as I know).
    But it is SBG's belief.
    They are not the same. Not all Calvinist's have the same belief. If you would learn and listen to each of them then you would find out that not everyone believes the same way.

12. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Listen to me. Here is your problem. In your mind you have conceived of Calvinism as a logical system that must believe A, B, C, D and E and therefore if anyone might embrace just one of those points you believe he must embrace all those points or reject all those points. Hence, you keep on accusing people of believing things they do not believe ONLY because in YOUR OWN MIND you demand that anyone holding one point must believe all points as YOU PERCEIVE them!

Therefore, when I tell you I do not believe God has chosen anyone to go to hell you accuse me of lying due to HOW YOU PERCEIVE the whole system rather than what I actually beleive.

Now before you spout off, reread carefully what I said and think about it and give a thoughtful response.

13. Moriah

Moriah New Member

No, “you are fundamentally ignorant of my very position as well as the scriptures and so no explanation could change your mind warped by false doctrine”
    Right here you admit you do not know.
    Stick to just saying you do not know, because all else you are saying does not explain it.
    Wisdom proves you wrong. According to your beliefs, that only God can CAUSE and MAKE someone to believe, then choosing NOT TO SAVE THEM IS CHOOSING TO SEND THEM TO HELL.
    I know that you do not have any explanation. You finally admitted that you do not know. I knew you did not know.

#53 Moriah, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
  14. Moriah

Moriah New Member

“You lie, you lie, you lie…” Stop attacking me. You even admit right here that “as far as I know” concerning what you know about Biblicist’s beliefs. Let him reply to his own beliefs! Why do you keep coming on and attacking me for him? You are a moderator and not supposed to break the rules. I state my beliefs and talk about them. Stop trying to stop me for doing what the group was made for!

15. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

I replied and told you explicitly and bluntly that I do not believe God elected anyone to damnation. Your the liar as you ignore what I said and tell everyone on this forum that I do not believe what I said. Now you assume to be God and omnsicienct and can tell everyone else what they really beleive and don't believe and that is blasphemey to assume a right that belongs only to God.

I told you what I believe and you called me a liar.

Readers, this is how irrational this man is.

16. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You are obviously incapable of understanding simple English. I told you that God saves us according to mercy and grace. The mystery is why He should save any sinner at all. Tell me, do you believe you deserve God to send his Son into the world to die and pay for your sins?

If you answer yes - then God help your proud arrogant soul.

If you answer no - then you are agreeing with me that it is a great mystery why the Almighty God would love me and send His own Son to die for me.

If you answer yes - you see yourself of more importance than God's own Son and that is arrogant pride which is the essence of sin.

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

How rude can a person be.
    And you are lying as well.
    He tells you what he believes, and you answer: "You admit you do not know." That is a lie. He just told you what he believed. And you accused him of not knowing what he believed. It seems to me that you need some classes in reading comprehension, as well as in tactfulness. You owe him an apology.

I would like you to take your own advice. Practice what you preach.
    In the next post, I want you to explain "Say what you do not know."
    I want you to explain all about "what you do not know."
    That is what you demanded of Biblicist.
    It is absurd.

18. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God determines the destiny of the redeemed/saved, as He Himself has elected them unto eyternal life in Christ, while he chose to NOT intervene on behalf of the lost, as he allows them to have what their 'natural desires/will" would be, a place away from god...

He predestined the saved, NOT the lost, as He allows/permits them to "get their hearts desire"...

Single, NOT double predestination!

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes, I am a moderator. I am tired of you misrepresenting what others post. Those are lies. You are guilty. It is not an attack. It is pointing out the facts. If you don't want to be embarrassed by them, then read carefully what people believe and answer accordingly. Otherwise don't post at all.

20. Moriah

Moriah New Member

No, you are personally attacking. I do not call people here liars just because I do not understand or agree with what they say, as you do to me. You break the rules when you keep personally attacking me. I hope people report it.

Here we go again. DHK turns another thread into a personal attack against me.