1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Conservatives Are More Than Twice as Likely as Liberals to Be Strongly Patriotic

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jul 5, 2010.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yes I do but not all the time and not always to the detriment of these United States. From the earliest days of human history there has always been an elite class that dreamed and schemed to enslave everyone else. Just like rulers have always used false flag operations to control populations.

Conspiracy theories? No it's just plain ole history. Learn it. Does that mean I think people who have forgotten this history hate the USA? No it just means they aren't being very good citizens and in so doing are helping the eilte class to finally realize their dream, imho.

#41 poncho, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2010
  2. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Sweet mercy.

Did I say I was on a higher plane? No, I just disagree.

I don't think country worship has any place in the life of the believer, and it certainly doesn't need to be in church. If someone pledges allegiance outside of corporate worship, that is their choice and is an issue of conscience.

And I didn't do anything to stand out or prove a point. My actions were not to draw attention toward myself or done with an air of condescension.

I just am of the conviction that it is not appropriate to say the pledge, as my allegiance is elsewhere.

And doing it in corporate worship, I believe, is horrific.

So your sarcasm is not appropriate, nor is it particularly amusing.

3. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

I believe that, outside of corporate worship, pledging allegiance to an earthly kingdom is a matter of conscience.

Inside corporate worship, I believe it has no place regardless, because if the focus is taken off Christ, worship cannot be Christian by definition.

4. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

This is unbelievable. I did not draw attention to myself, but it's just not something that I can do with a clear conscience. Why in the world would I have to agree with you on this?

This is a personal conviction, not arrogance. Pledging allegiance to the flag is putting country, an earthly kingdom at the center of worship. And if the country is at the center of worship, it ceases to be Christian.

I am a thoughtful person. My background is in theology, so in a corporate worship service, I try to examine every element theologically with much prayer and thought. It's not about arrogance.

5. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

And if a pastor did such to the music minister in my church, I would move for his dismissal as well.

6. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Papal infallibility.

(oh wait, we are Baptists...)

7. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Cha-ching!!!

8. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

No joke. I don't usually get so worked up about weird stuff people say on here, but man...

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

As would I......

10. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

What if your church got angry and voted you out?

11. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Again, this in no way makes me arrogant. In fact, I did my best to not stick out. There is nothing misguided or arrogant about this belief, and if my conviction ever changes, I will change. This is just how I believe now.

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist