1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Constitution Party Presidential Nominee?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by betterthanideserve, Apr 26, 2008.

1. betterthanideserve

betterthanideserve New Member

What do you think of their choice for president ?

CHUCK BALDWIN.....
    Baptist Preacher from Florida a protest candidate or could he really win?

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Is he that long, lost Baldwin brother? :)

3. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Protest candidate.

The only candidates with any chance to win are the candidates from the two major parties.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I wonder which parties votes he will cut in to???

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps the Libertarian Party?

7. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Egads.

Chuck the Nut beat Alan the Idiot.....

Who cares?

8. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I was glad to see Chuck Baldwin win over Alan Keyes at the Constitution Party Convention. I was honored to cast my vote for Chuck Baldwin as the VP candidate in 2004 and I am excited about being able to vote for him in November. Now that many of the Ron Paul supporters are seeing that while Ron Paul fought a good fight, that he won't win the GOP nomination, I think the Ron Paul Revolution will start helping Baldwin's campaign.

Chuck Baldwin in 2008!
    http://www.chuckbaldwinforum.com/

9. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

There are some who think McCain may have a problem with his candidacy. If something should happen between now and the convention then the Republican Party Convention might open up possibilities which make Ron Paul a viable candidate.... especially since he is still in the running: I think all others have officially dropped out. Of course the people who control the Republican Party may successfully bar him like they did the Nevada caucas when the supporters for Ron Paul showed up in such numbers as to secure the majority of the delegates.... so the Party recessed the meeting instead of making a declaritive choice in his favor or accept proposal for platform..... So much for politics and the voice of the people!

In my estimation, Ron Paul is the closest among very few Republicans who really represent what the Republican Party used to be thought of: Many people still hold to the ideal they thought the GOP represented just like many people still hold to the ideal which they though the Democratic Party represented..... not realizing that both parties are much different than they were 50, 75, 100 years ago. And in both cases, party loyalty has been passed down from generation to generation without a significant challenge to party leadership.

Edited to add: If Ron Paul doesn't get the Republican candidacy, then I can wholeheartedly support the Constitution Party. Like Isaiah: I don't support someone because I think they can win: I support a candidate because he is right.

#9 windcatcher, May 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2008
  10. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

While I have no problems with so-called "third parties" right to organize, calling the Constitution Party a political party, is like calling an ant hill a herd of livestock! :laugh:

BTW, I have supported the LP in many years past, so don't go saying I hate 3rd parties!

11. betterthanideserve

betterthanideserve New Member

MAG POLES ,Your post as always is very enlightening.

So it is no wonder that we are doomed to have s,more of the same,as long as your able to vote.

12. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Could you elaborate? I have been a member of the Constitution Party for over eight years, and I can say that they are a political party. Care to share some of your insight with the rest of us?

Chuck Baldwin in 2008!!
    chuckbaldwinforum.com

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

The CP of Florida may be a valid party, but in New York, the CP of NY only has about 25 members. In addition the CP of NY is no longer affiliated with the National CP. During the past year, some 6 or 7 state parties disaffilated from the national. See link Supposedly, the split was over the issue of abortion - or was it really the issue of Mormon leadership of the Nevada Constitution Party?

And here is another viewpoint

Salty